Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

I want to gain weight

What's Hot
I weigh about 10 stone 4,ate less less I was sick over Christmas (haven't weighed myself since)

For a while now I've really wanted to gain weight, but I find it so difficult, and as soon as a miss a meal I drop a pound or two...

I'm the envy of everyone woman ha, but I hate it in truth.

I really wait to go up to 11 stone, any tips? I want to be as healthy as possible, and my lunch breaks are minimal

Advice and tips appreciated!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• MossMoss Frets: 2409
    Cake.

That is all.
    Stop crying, start buying
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6233
    tFB Trader
    Eat more, Move less. In all honesty though, do heavy weights and eat a more protein focussed diet. 
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Eat calorie dense food. Peanut butter, snack on nuts etc.
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    Drink milk. Lots of it. Pump some of da iron.
  • Hertz32Hertz32 Frets: 2248
    Red meats, and low rep/high weight excersize.
    'Awibble'
    Vintage v400mh mahogany topped dreadnought acoustic FS - £100 
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6126
    Wine gums. Lots of them.
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11653
    tFB Trader
    Buy one of my guitars - I'll throw in a couple of stones I don't need any more for free :)
    Hey I'm feeling generous - maybe 3 or 4 stone.

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I would hold fire because with this Danish Girl film out then the waif look for men is probably gonna become hot.

My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
  • the_twinthe_twin Frets: 130
    I think your only chance is to do exercise to build muscle. If you are naturally skinny trying to put on weight by overeating is probably not going to make much difference.
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 8054
    eat lots of bread, drink lots of beer.  Have sugar in your hot beverages.

Weight gain is caused by sugar, not fat (well, not good fat..)
  • whaaa? Most of us would like to lose it!

loadsa beer, no exercise!
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3867
    I'm in really good physical shape for my 43 yrs. I don't snack, don't eat with any gusto any food that makes me feel bloated, bread, potatoes, pasta, etc.

Want to put weight on? Sweeties, cakes, pies, chips. Done.
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 1003
    Beer, curries and a milkshake before bed.
  • mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3106
    Guinness and chips did it for me. Mmmmm.
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

• Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23323
    How tall are you?
  • SibeliusSibelius Frets: 1401

Go the quacks and get your thyroid checked.

I find it interesting that you weigh yourself if you miss a meal though. Why 11stone?

I am however a fanboi of researching things before spouting shit
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10353
    I've weighed around ten stone for the last twenty five years (I'm now forty five) give or take a pound or two.It used to bother me but as I see my contemporaries piling on the pounds I actually feel pretty smug about it.I must have a good metabolism as I eat like a horse but never put on weight.

If I'm correct @joeyowen you're in your early twenties.Don't beat yourself up about it and enjoy it while you can.Everyone has a natural weight,I believe,and if you can maintain your current weight you'll be glad of it in the future.

Saying that,there's every chance that I'm just a freak of nature (or just a freak, full stop).
    Laugh, love, live, learn. 
  • musteatbrainmusteatbrain Frets: 880
    edited January 2016
    3 healthy meals. Snacks of Whole milk. Nuts. Eggs. Move a barbell from the floor to over your head. I put on 24 pounds last year that way. If you have a lot of whole milk consider avoid long other sources of saturated fat.

Or Donuts

Avoid protein shakes.
  • SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745
    edited January 2016

I agree, it's the bread, margarine, butter and milk and pasta and possibly a lot of meat that makes you fat and that is what is always overlooked.  I eat a whole load of junk crap and can binge out on crap, chocolate, fizzy drinks and drink shitloads of beer, although less fizzy drinks and chocolate these days, but I never put on more than 5kg even when I'm not physically working hard which I normally do.  I also eat fairly regularly though and can't eat that much compared to what others seem to tuck away to be fair, which is probably because my stomach isn't stretched to buggery.  Add in a sedentary lifestyle and only a half hour of exercise a day and people wonder what they are doing wrong.

I am also fairly lactose intolerant which helps I suppose.

Are you around 6'?  That is fairly normal if you are young to be honest.

The best I could recommend is physically working hard all day.  In mean working in a extremely physically demanding job to financially support yourself, not training for an hour or two after a sedentary day at work.  Obviously a healthy appetite and a good nights sleep follow.  That was the only way I could put on weight to be honest.  But I really felt it after the first week back at work after Christmas holiday.  All triceps, thighs, calves, gluts, neck, shoulders and upper back and a bit of abdomen mainly, it's kind of like being in a gym all day every day I imagine, although I've never set foot in one.

Actually analysing that I can see why my lower back is a bit knackered, I do have an eight pack but probably need to build core strength around that area to help out my lower back, as it was the only bit that actually didn't hurt that much after a week back at work. 

Which just goes to show, no matter how hard you think you are, or how physically hard you work your body, you still need to do all round exercise to look after it, especially as you get older eh.

Beer works extremely well though.

Backdoor Children Of The Sock
  • robwrightrobwright Frets: 738
    edited January 2016
    Is an 8-pack 2 better than a 6-pack?

Personally, I'm rocking a Party Seven!