Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Slowclap for the online 'name and shame' brigade...

What's Hot

Comments

• boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12468
    Heartfeltdawn;927778" said:
    Skodadad said:

@heartfeltdawn is that the second hotel you speak of? Regardless of their rating they are not the actual hotel she booked with so in this case are innocent of the ladies accusations.

@Skoadad. No. This is where you have to be careful. 

Innocent hotel: The Inglewood Hotel, 18 Holmfield Road, Blackpool. 

https://www.facebook.com/theinglewood/?fref=nf

Not innocent hotel: The Inglewood Seafront Hotel, 419 Promenade, Blackpool. This is the one named and shamed originally. 

As you can see from their website address below, it is easy for mistakes to have been made. 

http://www.inglewood-hotel.co.uk/

It appears that the Facebook page below is also using the wrong name. 

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Inglewood-Hotel-Blackpool/201286419931853?pnref=story

The FSA investigation also calls the Inglewood Seafront Hotel 'The Inglewood Hotel' but the 419 Promenade address is clearly mentioned. 

http://ratings.food.gov.uk/business/en-GB/141815/Inglewood-Hotel-Blackpool So she booked with the Inglewood Seafront Hotel, complained about it, and it is the Inglewood Seafront Hotel that received a 0 star rating from the FSA. Facebook pages using the wrong name as did the FSA reporting page. 
    You would have thought one of them would have checked first before registering the name.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Bad speling? she can't even spell 'Debbie' correctly...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • boogieman said:
    You would have thought one of them would have checked first before registering the name.
    Innocent Hotel = http://www.theinglewoodhotel.com/ = WhoIs says was first registered on July 29th 2002

Dodgy Hotel = http://www.inglewood-hotel.co.uk/ = WhoIs says was first registered on February 25th 2003

• HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22459
    edited January 2016
    Well chaps, I've done some digging and actually got in touch with the woman who complained. 

A search on Google throws up a couple of companies who have 419 Promenade, Blackpool, as their registered address. One is called Vegasan Ltd with the director and secretary one Christopher Tempest. Ryan Mchallum is listed as the director of RGM Limited which also uses the 419 Promenade address. Mchallum was named as one of the two members of staff who were bloody awful by the female complainant. The other was a Johnny Inglewood whose Facebook friends list has both Mchallum and a Christopher Tempest listed. 

The Inglewood Seafront Hotel was listed for sale in June of 2014. Mr Tempest started Vegasan Ltd in November 2014. Quite possibly he is leasing the hotel and Vegasan is the company formed for the running of it. 

Naturally I dug further. Johnny Inglewood has this company listed on his Facebook page. 

Using WhoIs, the registered address for that website is 48 Cheddar Avenue, Blackpool, FY4 2LQ

Last year, a Jonathan Hartley of 48 Cheddar Avenue, Blackpool, applied for planning permission to do some work at a different location. 

A Jonathan Hartley owned three hotels in Blackpool in 2012. 

Hartley has made the papers before. Some of you might remember a viral story about a couple who were charged cash for leaving a crap review about a hotel. That hotel was the Broadway Hotel, Blackpool.  The Broadway Hotel was thought at the time to be leased by Jonathan Hartley. The Fleetwood Weekly News also stated that Hartley also owned or leased the Malibu Hotel... and the Inglewood Seafront Hotel

As much as the female complainant's spelling and grammar make me cry, it does appear that she got soundly fucked over by a shitehole hotel that is associated with a man in Hartley who sounds like a fucking awful hotelier and someone with a lot of fingers in a lot of pies. 

2reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22459
    edited January 2016
    And it is quite clear that the Inglewood Seafront Hotel came later than the innocent hotel. Why, look at this now non-existent website and who registered it. 

:)

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    As much as the female complainant's spelling and grammar make me cry, it does appear that she got soundly fucked over by a shitehole hotel that is associated with a man in Hartley who sounds like a fucking awful hotelier and someone with a lot of fingers in a lot of pies. 
    No one ever said she didn't.
  • Drew_fx said:
    No one ever said she didn't.

They also didn't express any sympathy for her situation. Instead there were comments about her spelling. I don't like people getting ripped off. 

The people who targeted the wrong hotel deserve to be mocked as a prime example of why people should think before carrying out actions and, if they're not intelligent enough to think, should do nothing. 

I think you're missing the point of the thread - which was sympathy for the hotel that has nothing to do with this situation, that has now had their reputation tarnished because of this persons online activism. Fuck it though... wanna make an omelet, you've gotta break some noses or whatever...
  • Drew_fx said:
    I think you're missing the point of the thread - which was sympathy for the hotel that has nothing to do with this situation, that has now had their reputation tarnished because of this persons online activism. Fuck it though... wanna make an omelet, you've gotta break some noses or whatever...
    No I didn't miss it at all as my first sentence in the thread shows. 

In this situation, she isn't to blame for people being stupid. Imagine if someone from the Fretboard has contacted the wrong Ross Fingland when we first got the name up and made a load of shitty comments. That wouldn't have been your or my fault, it would be the fault of the person who made this comments before determining that they had the right person. She might be a lousy speller but she has been in contact with the innocent hotel and has actually done quite a lot on Tripadivosr to get the negative reviews removed. It takes a few days to do (I had to get one shit review on the restaurant reviewed by mods and removed. I don't mind a bad review but when it includes mentions of people who don't work there and pictures of food we didn't actually have on the menu, it was quite apparent that Mr and Mrs Stupid had come to town). 

I agree on the mob mentality angle. Absolutely. When stupid people don't think and carry out actions like this, innocent companies or people can be damaged. I think this one got nipped in the bud quickly enough. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Drew_fx said:
    Fuck it though... wanna make an omelet, you've gotta break some noses or whatever...
    An omelette made by a chef with a broken nose bleeding into the eggs would still be more hygienic than that hotel. 

• I thought with all the dirt digging you were going to link it somehow back to JCon!!
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
  • I thought with all the dirt digging you were going to link it somehow back to JCon!!
    No chance. He and I are partners on the next series of Celebrity Come Dancing. 

6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137
    Bad speling? she can't even spell 'Debbie' correctly...

I see what you did there.

• Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24592
    So, we have a thread bemoaning the idiocy of the mob in attacking the wrong hotel, in which the original injured party (the innocent  complainant) gets attacked ?

Have I misread this thread or something ?
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter

Offset "(Emp) - a little heavy on the hyperbole."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137
    edited January 2016

This is The Fretboard. Such behaviour is not only acceptable, it's positively encouraged.

Emp_Fab said:
    So, we have a thread bemoaning the idiocy of the mob in attacking the wrong hotel, in which the original injured party (the innocent  complainant) gets attacked ?

Shouldn't you be off researching the gender pay gap or something Kev?
  • randomhandclapsrandomhandclaps Frets: 20521
    edited January 2016

I don't see what she's even moaning about;  I know a lot of hotels that have a 'No Inbreds' policy.  I mean who wants to be trying to get their head down whilst mum is being pounded by her two sons in the next room?  That shit's just nasty.

My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RockerRocker Frets: 5006
    Seems to me that a lot of people have an exaggerated view on the importance or relevance of Social Media sites....
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

• Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24592
    Drew_fx said:
    Emp_Fab said:

Shouldn't you be off researching the gender pay gap or something Kev?
    Don't start you.  ...and stop calling me Kev.  If I wanted to be called that, I'd have used it in my login name.
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter

Offset "(Emp) - a little heavy on the hyperbole."
  • SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745
    Better than Keith though.
    Backdoor Children Of The Sock