Nottingham Amp Demo Day #3 Saturday 13th February

What's Hot

Comments

• Rowby1Rowby1 Frets: 1279
    @hywelg You going to PM us all some details re address and times etc?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Also what guitars are people planning on bringing? I'm in the small car so probably only room for 1 of mine, so probably bring my Tele. It's just a bog standard late 90s US Tele.
  • hywelghywelg Frets: 4303
    Yes will do , probably Wednesday ish.

10'ish to probably 4pm . I want to get to the King Billy round the corner for 5pm to watch Wales v Scotland and drink some excellent beer if anyone cares to join me!!!
    hywelg said:
    Yes will do , probably Wednesday ish.

10'ish to probably 4pm . I want to get to the King Billy round the corner for 5pm to watch Wales v Scotland and drink some excellent beer if anyone cares to join me!!!
    Would love to join you for a beer but it'd be a long walk home :(
    Never mind I'll have yours........

Just about the best beer in Nottingham if you like pale hoppy beers. Usually at least two Oakhams on a bar with 8-10 handpulls.
  • LodiousLodious Frets: 1945
    I can bring a Mesa Maverick if anyone's interested, but it looks like we already have a fair few amps, so not sure if it's worth bringing?
  • I will have to leave quite early as I am taking the wife to Manchester to see Mary Poppins as a sunrise for valentines. Will bring the silverback and a prs Tremonti and maybe a 2015 Gibson special.
    All known participants PM'd. Let me know if you

a). Have said you're coming and haven't had the pm
    b). Would like to come but are late in deciding, we still have room.

• Might have something else to bring with me too ;)
    A Helix? Or maybe a Kemper?
  • Kemper
    Wooo hoooo!!!
  • paulmapp8306paulmapp8306 Frets: 842
    edited February 2016
    Damn.   I need to try and get away (wife been really ill last couple of days) and A/B the Kemper and AFX......

I havent played a Kemper for 3 years, which was underwhelming as it was in Andertons using some sh*t headphones or a magnum 44 into a sh*t cab.

Also Didnt try the MAZ last time, which I should have done - and theres the MJW as well.

If Shes feeling a little better, Ill get down.  Nothing special this time - just the AFX rig and my P90 loaded PRS, which seems to get a lot of love.

When I demo'd the Kemper in Andertons it was completely underwhelming but that was because the kid setting it up had no idea. Had it playing through (it was a powered version) a Blackstart HT5 cab (10" I think.) utter crap.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Literally picked it up today haven't even had it out of the box.
    Is it powered ? Or will we need a poweramp for it? We could run it into the power section of my OTS see how it goes.

Got any amp packs downloaded ready to bung on it?
  • Powered. Looking to get some amp packs on my Mac tonight when j get home from work
  • paulmapp8306paulmapp8306 Frets: 842
    edited February 2016
    If I get, It could have gone through my Matrix Power Amp - but as its powered....

Id like to try it through a real cab, minus the cab part of the profile.  This is how I use my AFX - and the implimentation of that was really poor in the early Kemper days.  Ive heard much better things about using it in this config with later Firmware's.

*Edit* - looks like Im going to be able to get for at least part of the day :)

• I will only be there in the morning as I am going out in Manchester with the wife tomorrow night. Might just bring the Kemper and forgo the silverback will see(besides which I have bought the victory amp pack from the amp factory so will have it with me technically lol)
    Would be good to hear the Kemper Silverback against the real thing. Though there will be plenty of other 'real things' in the room to test against.