The Voice UK

What's Hot
The backing band always sounds good....no matter what style of music they have to provide for the singers.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• JookyChapJookyChap Frets: 4234
    You are a definite half full cuppa kinda chap, I can tell :)

6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33884
    Care factor: low.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • They only have to play 90 seconds of drivel mostly. They are good though. Strictly' band are ace also.
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life
  • BERNIE CLIFTON?! Wh...........?

• paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3090
    I agree, the bands on both shows are pretty damn good, I often forget it's a live band on Strictly, mainly cos I'm ogling fit birds, I do find The Voice a bit formulaic though, not really my cup o tea, there is some amazing talent out there on the streets though....Bernie Clifton, Whatthefuckwasthatsadoldhasbeentwat about?
    Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

• ChalkyChalky Frets: 6811
    There was a song on Strictly recently, I think it was Nat King Cole's version of "When I fall in love" and although the vocal was live, the rest sounded like a backing track, and sounded exactly like the original. I watched it again and noticed that props and camera angles meant you could never see the band.
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16316
    Chalky;928801" said:
    There was a song on Strictly recently, I think it was Nat King Cole's version of "When I fall in love" and although the vocal was live, the rest sounded like a backing track, and sounded exactly like the original. I watched it again and noticed that props and camera angles meant you could never see the band.
    There must be stuff they aren't set up to do.
    There was an interview on the telly with one of the strictly singers which was quite interesting - how exact they have to be in their timing because amateur dancers often use the vocals on the original recordings as cues. So a bad dance can be because the singer went half a beat out.

The Voice. I'll pass. It will be off to ITV next time so even easier to ignore.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • Norwegian_BlueNorwegian_Blue Frets: 462
    edited January 2016
    Ahhh... but when else are you allowed to pull lines like this on primetime British TV?

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16316
    Well I quite like Tom Jones so without him absolutely no point in watching the bleeding thing.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • RobDaviesRobDavies Frets: 3073

I liked the young lady in the leopard print catsuit with the Sid Vicious sneer.

Surprisingly, my wife thought she was rubbish,

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24592
    I enjoyed it - and I HATE X-Fuctor / BGT / w.h.y.

I think the lineup works well.  Boy George and Paloma Faith are both charismatic, I just wish that Bill.I.Was would shut the fuck up sometimes.  He was like a mate with aspergers who makes a lame joke last ten minutes and expects everyone to fall about.

Big mistake with that 'Lyrical' bloke.  He can't hold a note.  My money's on (of what we've seen so far) that punky Irish girl.
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter

Offset "(Emp) - a little heavy on the hyperbole."
  • SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745
    The only day I watched TV I also watched that dating show thing or was it the next.  I keep thinking that Lyrical bloke is the guy in the spacesuit who can hold himself up sideways.  Thankfully it's all a load of total bollocks so it matters none the less.
    Backdoor Children Of The Sock
  • NikkoNikko Frets: 1803
    RobDavies said:

I liked the young lady in the leopard print catsuit with the Sid Vicious sneer.

Surprisingly, my wife thought she was rubbish,

I think shes crap, and what the hell was she doing wearing that outfit?  ...Is what I said to my Wife
    ;)
    **Signature space available for a reasonable fee. Enquire within**
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28350
    What a rubbish show, worst idea ever. The concept only really works on the radio. 
  • I agree that the concept doesn't work.

Aside from the fact that the team captains know exactly what the contestants look like once the first round is done and dusted, we all know that is DOES matter what you look like, regardless of how good a singer you are. For better or for worse, it's a fact.

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27502
    I agree that the concept doesn't work.

Aside from the fact that the team captains know exactly what the contestants look like once the first round is done and dusted, we all know that is DOES matter what you look like, regardless of how good a singer you are. For better or for worse, it's a fact.

Exactly. And not just a superficial "which one do you fancy?" kind of way, but in a stage-presence and overall charisma way. Mick Jagger and Bob Dylan didn't get famous for their great singing, but no-one would claim they weren't great.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • SnapSnap Frets: 6266
    I enjoyed the Voice on Saturday, and I was all ready to moan and groan all the way through it. Paloma Faith is mental, and Boy George was funny. They were both very good, Not arsed about the acts, but I enjoiyed the judges.

WIl I'm Not - sya what you want about the fella, but he has undeniable talent as a producer. Hugely successful, and very off the wall, which appeals to me.