Interested in buying Roland JC-40

blackblack Frets: 74
Hi all, Does anyone have a new Roland JC-40? I am interested in upgrading from my cube 40x, I am only a home user not a gigging guitarist so the lowish power doesn't particularly bother me. What I am after is sparkling cleans, I am primarily interested in jazz - blues too, but I never use distortion or other effects, just guitar into amp. I don't mind spending the 500 quid but want it to be a significant step up from my cube - which incidentally I consider to be a great amp.. Thanks for any advice! Will
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16295
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • BintyTwanger77BintyTwanger77 Frets: 2220
    edited January 2016
    @black Yes, I very recently bought a JC40 and the clean channel is fantastic, very pure and for that reason is a great platform for pedals. That said, the distortion channel is not much cop, though you can fatten it up with a decent EQ pedal. Best dirt pedals for it seem to be Rats and Big Muffs. However, you aren't using any pedals, so yes you're fine for cleans with a JC40, though would recommend adding a Dr Scientist Cleanness or a SHO to really warm up the tone when required.

Great wee amp, an excellent choice.
  • blackblack Frets: 74
    Great thanks for your help bintytwanger. Would the cleans compare favourably with, say, a fender twin set low?
  • It's a different kind of clean. It's a solid state amp so your not pushing tubes, though the Twin has huge clean headroom.
    Great many thanks - think I am going to go for it. Much as I like my cube I've had it a while and it's time to try something else. Thanks again :)
  • I left you a message, by the way.
    I left you a message, by the way.
    Nothing received sorry...?
  • I'll try again in a bit.