chase bliss delay

What's Hot
TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7817
edited January 2016 in FX
Given I just won a t shirt from Joel. . Pretty sure he's showing off an xvive mn3005 based dual stereo delay at NAMM.

If it's as good as the wv2 and gravitas it will be bye bye MF104m...
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7817
    nope. his stuff is so good. I just can't see his delay being a duffer.

If it's got the usual modulation engine and dip switch control, plus stereo dual delay, plus potentially 1100ms (if there are 4x mn3005 in there, although pic only shows 2) then it's going to be an awesome delay capable of some really cool things. 

Space and easy powering added to that mix and it will be a moog beater. 

Very excited by the big reveal.

Also intrigued to see the new neunaber pedal today.
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11951
    Want it.
  • Expecting it to be great is one thing and utterly understandable, but intimating that the Moog would be jettisoned as a result, well... That's just sacrilege.
    Expecting it to be great is one thing and utterly understandable, but intimating that the Moog would be jettisoned as a result, well... That's just sacrilege.
    all about money. 

Couldn't afford two delays that expensive on one board!

There can be only one.
  • So its a small enclosure ehx 1100 basically?
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    So its a small enclosure ehx 1100 basically?
    nope. not even close. assuming it follows similar patterns to the other fx he does.

It does trails, looks like dual delay, 6 types of modulation wave, with offsets.
    Then using the dip switches it will have assignable ramping of various parameters
    Delay hold.
    Tap tempo etc..
    Midi control
    2 presets

more like an MF104 but with more modulation control.

I love the moog, but this could be better.

• MrSwansonMrSwanson Frets: 457

Damn, another pedal on the list!

I've so far held off the Meterore, will probably put funds towards this now.

View my trading feedback here: http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58681/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited January 2016
    MrSwanson said:

Damn, another pedal on the list!

I've so far held off the Meterore, will probably put funds towards this now.

@MrSwanson Yeah, pedal GAS is extreme and horrible.

How are you getting on with the Gravitas?
  • Would expect it to be around £400 too
    Would expect it to be around £400 too
    I reckon 349 to 400 USD

XVIVE chips dropped the price of the entire EHX line quite a bit.
  • MrSwansonMrSwanson Frets: 457

If I'm honest I haven't had too much time, been pretty busy but still gassing for more gear.

But initial impressions are good, like with all the Chase Bliss stuff there are so many possibilities.I think the waveform is one of the coolest ideas.

The construction and feel is amazing the amount of time and effort to fit it all in a standard size box is unreal.

View my trading feedback here: http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58681/
  • I just cant get excited. All delays kind of sound the same to some degree. 
    I even wonder if a Carbon Copy would just do the job for an analogue sounding delay. 
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • LewLew Frets: 1657
    If you can have control of the time and repeats on an automated ramp like the WV has that could have some seriously fun sounds

Lew said:
    If you can have control of the time and repeats on an automated ramp like the WV has that could have some seriously fun sounds
    That's what I'm thinking, 
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9625
    This would be special...
  • HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22313
    edited January 2016
    I just cant get excited. All delays kind of sound the same to some degree. 

On fuzzes, distortions and overdrives I think there's a certain similarity between them all. A Tone Wicker is closer to a DAM equivalent than, say, a £20 delay is to the Moog or a Timefactor. It's the extra bits you can tack onto a delay that you don't get with overdrives that is the fun part. A DMM when used as a basic delay doesn't sound any better than any number of old MN3005 delays. It's when the preamp and modulation kick in that the unique nature comes out. Throw in all the other options that you see on various delays pedals (the chips used, preamp, effects loop, trails or no trails, how you want the modulation to act, reverse, filters, rhythmic elements, sample and hold, SMMH looping etc)...

This would be special...
    I'm interested to see how those new chips go. The only demo of a delay using them I've heard was complete shit. 

• Lew said:
    so a moogerfooger then?
  • BranshenBranshen Frets: 1222

Looks like an amazing bit of engineering.