Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Top Gear ...Oh dear

What's Hot
Now i was a big fan of TG and Clarkson...but TG was stale and it was time for it to go.
The Beeb with their usual lack of imagination ( run by accountants?)
try to rehash it.
They had a great chance to come back with something brilluant , but seem ro have failed before they even started. A presenter who can't drive and throws up when being driven fast..... Nuff said.
3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7819
    has the first one aired yet?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    Must have missed this.

Think I'll watch it first then make up my mind.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • eSullyeSully Frets: 981
    It was a stale format by the end with the other 3 anyway. The hi-jinx were becoming a little too scripted. Not that I hated the show the way others did, I just thought of it a bit like Last of the Summer Wine with cars. 

I have read the new series has issues with Chris Evans not being able to drive and talk, producers quitting etc. Chris Evans particularly brand of zany 'Look at me, I'm a lad' presenting is not for me but I'll give the first episode a chance. Never know, when your expectations are low you might be pleasantly surprised.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • xSkarloeyxSkarloey Frets: 2962
    edited January 2016

It's just a load of bitter journos with no pension or job security doing the usual by sticking the boot into a minted celeb and the BBC. They want it to fail because a)Paul Dacre et al have made it policy to slag the BBC at evety turn and b) papers always like to take the piss whoever you are, whatever you do.

Until he dies of course which is when (assuming we still have papers then) they will eulogise a 'national treasure'.

Look on the bright side: Evans yakked on the track after being driven at high speed by a pro driver.

Clarkson probably barfed on location but it would have been at the bar after his third bottle of rose.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • menamestommenamestom Frets: 4736

I'm fairly indifferent but I can't see how somebody being sick means the whole series will be shit.  I'm definitely in the watch it before I judge it rather than going off reports in the sun category.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3106
    I've just switched over to Jay Leno's Garage which satisfies my "these vents only appeared on '63 model year cars" ocd tendencies.  
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • richhrichh Frets: 453
    I reserve opinion on this and the new Clarkson show until I actually seen them...

But have you guys seen the car shows that Brian Johnson (of AC / DC) has done?  They come up on Freeview stations.  I really like them.  I'm no petrolhead, but his sheer enthusiasm and sense of humour is infectious!  Check them out.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • richh;938609" said:
    I reserve opinion on this and the new Clarkson show until I actually seen them...

But have you guys seen the car shows that Brian Johnson (of AC / DC) has done?  They come up on Freeview stations.  I really like them.  I'm no petrolhead, but his sheer enthusiasm and sense of humour is infectious!  Check them out.
    His show about the humble mini was excellent
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7852
    Sabine Schmitz is surely more charming than Richard the Hamster?
    And more skilled on the track than all of the old gang?

Will reserve judgement until I see it.
  • RMJRMJ Frets: 1274
    Bring back UK version of pimp my ride I say. Superb.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7349
    could all be a big pre-publicity stunt of course - it is television after all...
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    I won't be watching it. I can't stand Evans, the ginger tosspot. Not that I've anything against gingers, you understand, it's just he reminds me of Colin the office jerkbadger from 'The Fast Show'.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3090
    I detest Evans too on the wireless or tv, I will give the new BBC TG a go, but am not hopeful, the aving grace is Ms Schmitz, who is deffo worth a super efficient, clinically delivered, on time, squirt, I wonder if I can find a topless photo of her to post? er.....p'raps not!....
    Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745
    I think the Ginger idea is good, they just got the wrong ginger.
    Backdoor Children Of The Sock
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16319
    A programme I don't like presented by a man I can't stand. Excellent, when does it air?
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    A programme I don't like presented by a man I can't stand. Excellent, when does it air?

Based on every TG thread we've had on here you're a typical viewer. It really seems that people watched the old show (and will watch the new one) just to moan about it ;-)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • SargeSarge Frets: 2429
    I'll not be watching that arse, I'll be looking forward to watching Mike Brewer and Ed China instead.
  • Adam_MDAdam_MD Frets: 3420
    Sarge;939592" said:
    I'll not be watching that arse, I'll be looking forward to watching Mike Brewer and Ed China instead.
    Much wisdom Mike and Ed my favourite tv on screen couple :D
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10363
    Fuzz Townsend's the man.
    Laugh, love, live, learn. 
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137
    Sambostar said:
    I think the Ginger idea is good, they just got the wrong ginger.

Sorry to piss on your fireworks mate, but not everyone wants a programme dedicated to Ford Transit lineage and all it's various versions.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom