Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Top Gear ...Oh dear

What's Hot

Comments

• TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7815
    So the knives are out, but still it's not on the screen yet?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • blobbblobb Frets: 3010
    Not a real Hamster.
    Feelin' Reelin' & Squeelin'
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745
    Sambostar said:
    I think the Ginger idea is good, they just got the wrong ginger.

Sorry to piss on your fireworks mate, but not everyone wants a programme dedicated to Ford Transit lineage and all it's various versions.
    Does one exits?  What a great idea  It would be the make the best telly ever.
    Backdoor Children Of The Sock
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12426
    Adam_MD;939639" said:
    [quote="Sarge;939592"]I'll not be watching that arse, I'll be looking forward to watching Mike Brewer and Ed China instead.
    Much wisdom Mike and Ed my favourite tv on screen couple :D [/quote]

Except Mike Brewer is a twat. Edd is where it's at. ;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • xSkarloeyxSkarloey Frets: 2962
    Brewer's alright. He plays up the cheeky cockney Arfur Daleyisms but that's one half of the show's pitch.

And if he has any pre decimal political views or an unfortunate taste for rose he keeps it to himself.
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12426
    I used to be able to tolerate Mike Brewer, but after so many programs he's got really irritating. He just does the same spiel every time. I know it's all set up in advance, so it's not like he's not had a chance to vary things a bit. It's still a decent enough program and I'll always watch it, but only because of the cars and what Edd does to them.
  • Mark_RMark_R Frets: 79
    What a load of bollocks this is.  Come on, we are adults pre-judging a TV program that has not finished filming let alone given an air date.

I would like to see anyone sit in the passenger seat of a sports car and thrown around a race track try and hold down their lunch.  Rally co-drivers excluded as they are totally mental.  Remember the state of James May after being driven by that mad Finish rally driver?

The really old TG was men talking about the factual parts of a car and no one was interested, the relaunched TG was 3 men bickering and acting like idiots, but with cars and the public loved it.  Who would not want to be paid millions a year to drive around in the fastest cars and treat them like tools?

I spot jealousy and large doses of it in the press and on this forum!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 8reaction image Wisdom
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10341
    /\ I think that just about sums it up for me too.

Good post @Mark_R
    Laugh, love, live, learn. 
  • eSullyeSully Frets: 981
    Mark_R said:
    What a load of bollocks this is.  Come on, we are adults pre-judging a TV program that has not finished filming let alone given an air date.
    But ... most of the comments actually about TG suggest they're going to reserve judgement?
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137
    Mike Brewer's an even bigger cock than Ckarkson, and even more annoying, with the way he talks.

You could write what he knows about cars on one side of a postage stamp. Using a magic marker.

• LoFiLoFi Frets: 534
    Sarge said:
    I'll not be watching that arse, I'll be looking forward to watching Mike Brewer and Ed China instead.
    I'd find that show a lot more appealing if, when they worked out their Profit/Loss at the end, they also included "40+ hours work by 1-1.5 skilled mechanics @ £75/hr in a workshop with several hundred grand's worth of equipment"...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • SargeSarge Frets: 2429
    LoFi;940353" said:
    Sarge said:

I'll not be watching that arse, I'll be looking forward to watching Mike Brewer and Ed China instead.

I'd find that show a lot more appealing if, when they worked out their Profit/Loss at the end, they also included "40+ hours work by 1-1.5 skilled mechanics @ £75/hr in a workshop with several hundred grand's worth of equipment"...

Killjoy.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    The show is all about Ed and his tinkering, the whole profit /loss bullcrap is to keep the Pawnstars / Storage hunter fans interested.
    chillidoggy;940312" said:
    Mike Brewer's an even bigger cock than Ckarkson, and even more annoying, with the way he talks.

You could write what he knows about cars on one side of a postage stamp. Using a magic marker.

He's been a car salesman for 20 odd years, his pappy before him was a very skilled mech, he knows more about cars, real everyday cars, than that talentless wankstick "jezza" (vomit) can ever know.
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 995
    It's due to return on 8th May with Chris Evans hosting. I'm looking forward to it tbh, I was getting a bit fed up with the old presenters.
  • Sarge said:
    chillidoggy;940312" said:

He's been a car salesman for 20 odd years, his pappy before him was a very skilled mech, he knows more about cars, real everyday cars, than that talentless wankstick "jezza" (vomit) can ever know.
    I think Edd China should drop Mr Brewer and start doing something interesting on his own.
    He has done quite a few fun projects in the past (fasted bed in the world).
    Maybe team up with the bearded wonder from Fast'n'loud ;o)
  • cacophonycacophony Frets: 385
    edd did some of the `wacky` builds for top gear. remember the one with `double decker` cars with the driver `upstairs` and the pedals below? they were built by him.
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137
    Thing is, every time I hear his name, I can't helping thinking of 'Edd the Duck'.

• TheCountTheCount Frets: 274
    Mark_R said:
    I would like to see anyone sit in the passenger seat of a sports car and thrown around a race track try and hold down their lunch.  Rally co-drivers excluded as they are totally mental.  Remember the state of James May after being driven by that mad Finish rally driver?

I could ,cos that's how i drive to the shops
  • doogz84doogz84 Frets: 206
    I do all sorts of track days, autotest, hillclimbs, production car trials, karting etc.

Never feel sick driving. 

But I'm an awful passenger, I will feel queasy in the passenger seat if someone else is giving it some. A good mate is a race car driver/bum and his driving when he was having fun used to make me feel sick regularly.