SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

USA Fender Stratocaster Ultra (Firestorm Red)

RebarRebar Frets: 138
edited January 2016 in Guitars £
Fender Strat Ultra (1990-1991). Firestorm Red (exact guitar as featured on Xhefri's website on the Ultra/Plus series).

Ebony fingerboard and locking tuners. Dual red lace sensors at the bridge, silver middle and blue at the neck. Frets in good shape. Paintwork in 8/10 condition. There are a couple of small dings and a little swirling on the back (see photographs), but generally in very good condition. Supplied with non-original hard case.

I am the second owner and the guitar has not been gigged. Comes from a smoke, child and pet free home.

Further photographs available upon request.

£1650 ono. Based near Belfast.

If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• axisusaxisus Frets: 28353
    Always fancied one of those. I believe that they are short scale rather than 25.5"?
  • RebarRebar Frets: 138
    The scale length is standard for a typical stratocaster. However, the finish is one of about 200 that Fender did back in the early 1990s. It was done with aluminium foil (from what I can find out from Mike Eldred at Fender) and the story goes that one man knew how to do it and when he left, they stopped producing them. I tracked this one down a few years ago, but now I fancy a change.
  • RichardjRichardj Frets: 1538
    This is one of the holy grail Strats to some, do you know it's history?  Does it have any of it's original tags or candy?  What case does it have?

Cheers :)
  • LewliganLewligan Frets: 544
    Would love to try one of these.

Ebony board on a Strat with a humbucker at the bridge = yes please.

The Blade RH4 I tried had a similar vibe, and that sounded unreal.
    Check out my Fretboard Trading Feedback HERE!
  • well, that is a pretty thing.

• axisusaxisus Frets: 28353
    I have to say, that's an amazing looking finish!

Too much dosh for me unfortunately, other than that it's a guitar I would very much like.
    I bought the guitar from a guy in Greece a few years ago after searching for one of these for ages, as I'd always lusted after one from the age of about 17. This one comes with a postal monkey hard case and the case candy is long gone. Original hipshot tremsetter is still in place, although I have the trem blocked off, as I don't use it. Recently professionallyset up with 9s by Denis Currie (works with George Lowden on occasion).

With regard to the finish this is the actual guitar on Xhefri's website, as I had asked his advice during my search for one of these and in return I gave him permission to use some of my photos. He commented that it was one of the best examples he had come across. Due to the production process, each finish is slightly different. 

Before I got my hands on this one, I contacted the Fender Custom Shop to enquire about getting this finish on a new guitar and was quoted $4000 by Mike Eldred, so I figured I'd wait for the right one to come up for sale. 

The frets are in great shape and the previous owner hadn't gigged it. Home use only. However, as the ink on the original fender lace sensors had faded, he'd swopped them for new lace sensors which I still have (although I was planning on holding on to these, but could include them at extra cost). 

Great resonance and super quiet pickups and a really comfortable feel.

I'm not too bothered if I don't sell it, as I love the feel and sound, but I have seen a couple of other instruments which interest me and I (and my wife :-( )figure that I can't keep them all!
    Bump
    Withdrawn
    Back on sale.
  • pmbombpmbomb Frets: 1169
    pics no worky.
    pmbomb said:
    pics no worky.
    I'll get that sorted later this evening. Cheers. 
    edited June 2019
    Bump