iConnect Audio4+ ?

Eh up,

anyone out there using one of these? They look tempting but the support forum seems to have a fair few people with issues - but I get that support forums tend to be full of that kind of thing (rather than the people getting alone fine)

Any users or past users or views to share?

Red ones are better. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• wave100wave100 Frets: 150
    I've got an iConnect MIDI2 which generally works ok. I don't use the "audio pass through" facilities though as you have to use ASIO4ALL on the PC which introduces quite a lot of latency, on my PC anyway - it basically adds the latencies from the iConnect and my interface together. Might work better as a composite device on Mac. I occasionally get an error message on my iPad saying it hasn't enough power to run it, despite it being connected to a powered usb hub, which is annoying, but usually fixed by reconnecting the iPad. When it's working it's good at what it does however (ie send MIDI from the computer to the iPad.)

I would imagine the latency issues aren't such a problem on the 4+ though.

You could get one online and return it under DSR if it doesn't work for you. I would be interested in how you get on with it if you do get one as I'm tempted to get one for use with a laptop as a "soft synth live rig."
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7501
    Cheers.

I like th idea of incorporating apps with Mac and vice versa.

I may just take the plunge. That or an Apogee Duet
    Red ones are better.