New ibanez mini pedals (including analog delay)

What's Hot
BranshenBranshen Frets: 1222
Andertons taking preorders for the all of them @ £75 each.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16301
    I suppose the question is are they an expensive way of buying Mooer type pedals or are they higher quality but just mini? Fairly sure from what I've read the Ibanez TS Mini is a TS in a small box and not just a re badged clone so I shall remain optimistic.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • BranshenBranshen Frets: 1222
    Well, you could say they are very different if made in Japan means anything to you. I assume they must be better because of that (which may or may not be true).
  • shadyshady Frets: 252
    No mini flange or phase yet then, I'd be interested in hearing those as none of the other mini modulation pedals float my particular dinghy.
    Branshen;942564" said:
    Well, you could say they are very different if made in Japan means anything to you. I assume they must be better because of that (which may or may not be true).
    Oh ok, we could probably assume they aren't yet more clones of the same Chinese made micro pedals then which is probably good.
  • hugbothugbot Frets: 1528
    No FL9 ?
  • BranshenBranshen Frets: 1222
    @hugbot nope. Just the three at the moment. Plus the old TS mini.
  • KylefKylef Frets: 1072
    Tempted by the delay. Mind you it's an analog delay, so I always am.
  • pj310pj310 Frets: 41
    Interested in the analog delay. If it's a mini version of the AD-900 that would be very cool
  • What annoys me with these releases is the bloody spiele that goes with it. Why cant they just market them as the

"look, we're jumping on the bandwagon OK? But to be fair ours do look cooler than the rest!"

I'd have ten times more respect for em

How very rock and roll
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2371
    Interesting. I wonder is the chorus analogue?

You'd assume they're not quite the same as rebadged Mooers etc. if they're made in Japan, but then I guess it depends on exactly how that's defined.
  • simonksimonk Frets: 1467
    The TS mini is a brilliant little thing so I have high hopes for these.
  • thermionicthermionic Frets: 9673
    I suppose the question is are they an expensive way of buying Mooer type pedals or are they higher quality but just mini? Fairly sure from what I've read the Ibanez TS Mini is a TS in a small box and not just a re badged clone so I shall remain optimistic.
    Errrmm, surely the term "clone" means it's the same circuit, same component values etc as the original pedal. Otherwise it's not a clone.

I'd imagine a big difference would the lack of the original TS input/output buffers.
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2750
    I've always been a fan of the original cs9 so this could be the obvious choice for a chorus in a mini pedal if it sounds close. 
  • thermionicthermionic Frets: 9673

What annoys me with these releases is the bloody spiele that goes with it. Why cant they just market them as the

"look, we're jumping on the bandwagon OK? But to be fair ours do look cooler than the rest!"

Reminds me of the Japanese guitars (Tokai mainly) of the late 70s/early 80s. When Fender realised they were so popular (for good reason), they gave up trying to compete with them and decided they wanted part of the action. Now Ibanez have realised people are using Mooers and Joyos they're legitimising (and profiting from) the clones by putting their name on them.
    Errrmm, surely the term "clone" means it's the same circuit, same component values etc as the original pedal. Otherwise it's not a clone.

I'd imagine a big difference would the lack of the original TS input/output buffers

QUOTE SYSTEM BEING ANNOYING AGAIN   :# 
    I'll start again : what I was interested in establishing was if these were rebadged Mooer type things or if they were pedals in their own right. Seems to be the latter and the mini TS seems to get much praise as being  just like a full sized one only mini. 

There may be other Discussions on these since but this is what came up. Any users of any of these now they have been in the shops for a while? 
  • nick79nick79 Frets: 260
    I've got a Tubscreamer mini, demo'd it in the shop against the Mooer Green Mile and while the Mooer was a bit more versatile the TS just sounded better. 
  • mburekengemburekenge Frets: 1060
    delay looks very tempting!