Case candy...just me ?

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72905
    spark240 said:

The only reason I really asked the seller was because he said he had go it from new, so I thought it was reasonable to ask if he kept all the guff....he didnt....consequently I wont be investing..Im out .
    But would you have if he hadn't kept it, but hadn't been a dick about saying so?

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • spark240spark240 Frets: 2097
    ICBM said:
    spark240 said:

The only reason I really asked the seller was because he said he had go it from new, so I thought it was reasonable to ask if he kept all the guff....he didnt....consequently I wont be investing..Im out .
    But would you have if he hadn't kept it, but hadn't been a dick about saying so?
    Possibly ...but it wasnt enough of a bargain, otherwise I would have got it, then kept looking for a better one   ...because I want all the nerdy stuff.....  

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
  • LoFiLoFi Frets: 535
    Deijavoo said:
    Once upon a time I really wanted one of those blue stained Jems. (I know, I know) Found one on EBay, had the cash for his buy it now, was about to try an offer but wanted to ask if the case was original. Seller replied with "does it say original on the listing?"

I said no, hence why I was asking and to be honest this as well as it being in "player grade condition" I wondered if he would be up for negotiating? He then told me to "fuck off" and "stop wasting his time, as I was too poor to buy it anyways". 
    Re: "Player grade condition" - I really wanted one of those Jems a while back too (having lusted after it in a Guitarist review in about '95. Quickly discovered that the finish on them meant that, unless it'd pretty-much never been taken out of its case, even an easy life would have one looking like it'd been kicked round a car park.

For me, and for a higher-end guitar at least, I'd echo other's views about the tags etc. indicating that the guitar had been taken care of, but it wouldn't be a deal-breaker for me. The attitude of the seller in the OP would be, though.
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6130
    He threw away the truss rod key? Doesn't sound like the sharpest tool in the box. Avoid.