New Kazrog Thermionik Release (AC30, SLO 100, BE-100, Dual Rec, ...)

What's Hot
oafoaf Frets: 300
Dunno if this should go in the studio section? Please feel free to move if so.

I've just noticed that Kazrog have released a bunch of new amps as Thermionik plugins, with Recabinet 5, now a separate program, (supposedly!) due in February. This update/rewrite has been a very long time coming so it will be interesting to see how they sound/work. I have downloaded but haven't yet had the time to give them a go! There's certainly a decent range of amps in the initial packs and there were a couple of user clips already posted on their KVR forum.

If existing Recabinet 4 users are interested it looks like you can buy the new models with 40% off using the code E44F5A52.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    Hmmmm... I've got recabinet, but never tried Thermionik. Is it any good?
  • oafoaf Frets: 300
    Hi Drew

He's split out the amp and cab bits of Recabinet (I think, still to load it up myself) so Thermionik is the amp modelling part with the new (re)cab(inet) side to come as a standalone.

I don't know which licence you have for your original Recabinet purchase but you might find you can download the update (the Thermionik stuff) from the Kazrog site (log in with the email address you used to buy it).

A few user clips from the KVR thread:
    here and here and here and here

Some sound better than others but that could be down to the players/recordings as much as anything at this stage.
    I'm supposed to be making pedals today but will look to install over the next couple of days!
  • stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 2197
    I downloaded the free 14 day demo of Thermionik this weekend, which has just been made available. I think I was lucky because the demo option is currently down, but hopefully it will be up again soon.

I already had Recabinet.

I'm really impressed with the Thermionik demo used with Recabinet.

It's not a competition.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom