SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS: Fender Starcaster *updated pics*

What's Hot

Comments

• ChéChé Frets: 305
    Bump
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Bump
    Bump
  • Hi Ché,

Sorry to bother you, stupid question time from a still, very much, beginner (only been 'playing' a year)

Currently have a Yamaha Pacifica 120H, looking to upgrade/replace it for something that holds tune better, amongst other things.

Been looking at Pacifica 611HFM (same look/feel as 120H i'd assume, but with better hardware so would make sense?), New Revstar range (620, like the looks, not tried one, so unsure on how i'd get on with it - hence this message), Fender Tele Custom FMT HH (looking at dual humbuckers as replacement etc) 

I've as yet not actually tried any of these as not many places seem to do Yamaha range.

So my question how does the 620 play/feel in comparison to a Pacifica 120H type - i'm looking for dual humbucker pickups etc, hence my list above.  I like the looks of the new Revstar range but it seems wierd to buy a guitar online etc without trying it - even more so for a beginner etc

Hope this ramble actually makes any sense - lol

cheers
    Gary

No worries Gary,

Haven't played the Pacificas personally (well one for about 5 minutes) but I can deduce that they're similar to a strat.

The FMT tele is great and you get the added option of a coil split to allow you to use the single coil of the humbuckers if you want it to sound more like a regular tele. They're stunning guitars and the neck joint in particular is very well done. The fret radius is 14" which is a bit too flat for me and considering you're playing a Pacifica which will be closer to a Strat radius of 9.5" or even 7.5" it could work for or against your playing.

If you're local to Leeds you're welcome to come try it out. Playability wise it reminds me of a Les Paul.
    Price drops before eBay.
  • Hi Shaun,

Sorry for delay in getting back to you, i'm probably the worst person in the world for buying things, spend way to much time thinking and researching etc that i usually miss whatever i was after or just give in and not buy anything - lol

Still undecided on what to get, even thinking of an SG now.  Is the 620 still available, and would it be a problem for me to come take a look? were abouts are you based? 

cheers
    Gary
    Hi Gary,

I'm in Leeds,

You're welcome to come try it out, always worth playing a guitar before buying it. I also own an SG which you can test out against it if you'd like.

Drop me a PM and we can arrange something.

Cheers,
    Shaun
  • Pm'd
  • Is the starcaster still for sale?
    Starcaster withdrawn, Revstar still for sale.
    Bump
    Bump
    Starcaster back up
  • mikeyrob73mikeyrob73 Frets: 4671
    The Starcaster looks great and your not a million miles away from me either :-( decisions 
    Come give it a play dude :)
    would love to Che but have just spent me money on an explorer 
    if my PRS ever sells i will give you a shout :-) 
    Awesome, I love explorers, don't think I could look as cool as I'd hope playing one though!
    i know i wont look as cool as i hope, but i still love them 

interested in a trade or is it cash only ? 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Probably cash only. I'm cool guitar wise, Zendrive pedal would be sweet and I could be tempted by an amp, Vox AC15 or Fender DRRI but that's about it.