Eventide Space - Thoughts ?

What's Hot
WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9572
I've been offered one in a favourable trade...

Never actually played one, having a Big Sky. but like the look of the 'visible' knobs.

Thoughts about them good people ??
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• hubobuloushubobulous Frets: 2352
    Brilliant effects in the Space. I love the Big Sky but the Space, (I don't have one but have the algorithms through the H9), is also excellent.
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9572
    Couple of questions;

1.) Can you add 'dirt' or 'break up' to any settings ?

2.) When you enter a preset, how do you know the saved settings ? Dot they light up like the Big Sky when you turn the knobs ?
  • I love it, which probably means you will not. 1) yes; some algorithms have dirt available. 2) the screen displays a < or a > as you turn a knob to show you which way to turn the dial for it to "catch up" with the setting.
    And so, young Gav, why do you love it ?
  • GavRichListGavRichList Frets: 7173
    edited January 2016
    Depth of functionality is mind blowing. Every nth degree is customisable, and the sound quality is spectacular. Not just for the bonkers stuff either (though there are some beautiful horror-shows on tap) but also the standard plate, Spring, hall etc are all superb. Add to that presets programmed by notable luminaries such as Flood, Sigur Ros etc, and you've got one hell of box.
    Cheers Gav... it looks like a real creative machine.

I've yet to hear a bad YouTube clip
  • CabicularCabicular Frets: 2214
    It sounds great
    Bored with the FX8 already? :)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • rossyamaharossyamaha Frets: 2459
    Great pedal, great sounds, inspiring, completely ruined by enormous unusable preset lag.

I play guitar and take photos of stuff. I also like beans on toast.

1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Cabicular said:
    It sounds great
    Bored with the FX8 already? :)
    Quite the reverse mate. The FX8 has changed everything, and I will write a thread about it.
    It really is superb...

The aim is now to develop a 'creative' board of existing/new pedals.
  • Great pedal, great sounds, inspiring, completely ruined by enormous unusable preset lag.

preset lag? Explain
  • Great pedal, great sounds, inspiring, completely ruined by enormous unusable preset lag.
    I believe the updates have fixed that. Or an external 3 way switch 
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • just to add my 5 pence

I thought it was truly wonderful and I say that as an anti reverb player. 
    Screamwarp, Demon call, blackhole, broken glitch etc were all brilliant.
    I kept telling @GavRichList to get one, I am pretty sure he is chuffed with it

this video had me sold 

The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • watching that video just reminded me of Quasar, shimmer and all the other stuff...

yes its brilliant
  • rossyamaharossyamaha Frets: 2459
    Great pedal, great sounds, inspiring, completely ruined by enormous unusable preset lag.
    I believe the updates have fixed that. Or an external 3 way switch 
    Ah I see. Thats good then.

preset lag? Explain
    The one I had was a while ago but there was an incredible lag between changing presets. A good second or so. It just ruined it for me. Sound wasn't cut but it took ages for the effect to kick in. Really bad for the longer decaying stuff. 

I play guitar and take photos of stuff. I also like beans on toast.

• CabicularCabicular Frets: 2214
    I just use mine as a spring reverb in the loop of my PT (I'm not joking but it sounds great)
  • Every single Space algorithm or preset I've used on my H9s has been stunning.
  • How many presets do you get on the space?
  • LewLew Frets: 1657
    Wait I thought you didn't like the H9?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ...but obviously you can edit them all fully and / or replace them with your own