Does nobody answer their phone anymore?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3953
    Are you mad?

No one uses phones for making calls on anymore.

What's all this "phones make calls" talk? Are you shitting me?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10363
    Just had this argument with my two teenage boys.They both walk around constantly with their phones glued to their hands yet they're still incapable of answering the bloody things when you ring them.Then you threaten to take them off them 'cos we pay the contract,not you' and world war three breaks out.

Teenagers can be such bellends sometimes.
    Laugh, love, live, learn. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745
    One day they'll be buying phones for you and you'll no doubt about it, do exactly the same thing and they'll be worried sick.
    Backdoor Children Of The Sock
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    Just had this argument with my two teenage boys.They both walk around constantly with their phones glued to their hands yet they're still incapable of answering the bloody things when you ring them.Then you threaten to take them off them 'cos we pay the contract,not you' and world war three breaks out.

Teenagers can be such bellends sometimes.
    Just pick the weakest one and rough him up in front of the other one.
    They soon back off and don't give you any more crap.

If you wake up in a heap a bit sore, i'm sorry mate, i thought it might work !
    :)

I'd steal their phones and hide them in the cupboard you keep the cleaning products in. Teenagers would never look there !
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10497

I think ringing them is a sign your trying to reach them on Whats Ap or Snap Chat or Facebook messenger or whatever the fuck they use these days ..... they never think to just answer the dam thing!!
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10363
    Alnico said:

I'd steal their phones and hide them in the cupboard you keep the cleaning products in. Teenagers would never look there !
    Genius!

That might work with the wifes phone too 
    :D
    Laugh, love, live, learn. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • mgawmgaw Frets: 5316
    it would certainly work if they did it to me
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7349
    ..due to the preponderance of Asian call center scammers and people wanting to know who is in charge of my: Vehicle Fleet, Energy Purchasing, Charity Donations... I do not answer the phone hardly at all any more.

I don't know what came over me to answer this even,,,
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    ..due to the preponderance of Asian call center scammers and people wanting to know who is in charge of my: Vehicle Fleet, Energy Purchasing, Charity Donations... I do not answer the phone hardly at all any more.

I don't know what came over me to answer this even,,,
    I used to get that in a previous employment. A technique I learned from a job previous to that one was to invent a fictitious character and promise to get him to call the caller back again. The last person I invented was Derek Topping, a previous boss invented Paul Johnson, but we actually had one of those at the place where I worked at the time, hence Derek Topping. He was never at his desk - usually in a meeting or out on business.
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11399
    In a previous job we used to get calls trying to sell us franking machine labels.

I got the calls put through to me, and I became my alter ego, a belligerent Scotsman called Francis McSheen. I had endless fun with that one.
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9963
    edited January 2016
    I don't usually answer mine unless I fancy a row with a call centre, then I get annoyed with the futility because it's like playing I spy with Stevie Wonder so I give up
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom