Nomad factory plugin sale

What's Hot
Sad circumstances around this, but some big reductions here

Anybody got any opinions on how they stack up against waves etc?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33804
    edited January 2016
    It is very sad news.

They are good plugins but there have been several instances of plugin companies going under or changing tack when the guy at the top leaves/dies or the company gets sold.

Bomb Factory plugins & Cyclin 74's Pluggo being killed off are the two that come to mind.
    I wouldn't be sticking my money into a Nomad right now- I've been burned before.

On Waves- they have a couple of great plugins but sometimes I get the impression that some of the plugins are fairly similar, just with a different graphic/skin and a slightly different 'pot' range.

My fave plugin developers at this point are Slate Digital, Fab Filter and Eventide.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • horsehorse Frets: 1571
    Hadn't thought of that - good point
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33804
    edited January 2016
    What has happened before is they kick along for a while but then the updates get fewer and far between, then when there is a major OS update the plugins don't get updated.

You are left with a plugin that works under, for instance, El Capitan, but the next iteration of the OS it won't work so you have to make a choice to stay on El Capitan *forever* or move on and buy more plugins.

One of the reasons I tend to spend on hardware these days.