SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

All SOLD: Traynor YRM1-SC 4x10 - Marshall 2061x - Ampeg SVT

marklmarkl Frets: 5
edited January 2017 in Amps £
For all of the following listings;
 - Due to a recent GAS attack I am ideally looking for straight sales.
 - All prices are for cash or PayPal gift.
 - Collection from either Southampton or Bristol (preferred). 
 - Could arrange shipping or meeting up if within a reasonable range.
 - Prior viewing/testing possible in Southampton

Marshall 2061x 20W Lead & Bass Handwired Head and Custom Flight Case - £800 - SOLD

I have had this amp for about 6 years and, other than a few rehearsals and recording sessions, it hasn’t seen a great deal of use. It has been flight-cased since new and, as a result, is in fantastic condition. These amps are handbuilt and wired in Marshall’s factory in the UK and the construction quality is excellent. This one was made in 2007.

This is Marshall’s reissue of the classic 20W Lead and Bass bass amp heads produced in the late 60s to early 70s. It captures some of the great Plexi type vibe tones from the amps being made at the time but in a much smaller and quieter package. I’ve never had a problem with volume however, as it can keep up fine in band rehearsals and small gigs.

The controls are simple, with just one volume and tone for each channel. The channels are voiced slightly differently, with one having slightly less gain and being a bit darker than the other. I’m also including a made to measure George L’s patch cable which can be used to jumper the channels and increase your tonal possibilities by blending the two voicings.

The amp is fitted with NOS tubes;

Aero Electronics AEL ECC83 - British valve seem to be comparable to Mullards.

RTF ECC83 - German manufactured

GE (General Electric) EL84/6BQ5 - US made - still sound fantastic so I have no reason to believe that they don’t need replacing any time soon

In 2013 the power transformer blew. Apparently, this was a fairly common occurrence for this range/batch of amps as the stock transformers tended to be fairly susceptible to failure. I had this replaced with one of the newer transformers with a revised design from Marshall, which will supposedly avoid this issue in future. The job was done very neatly and in keeping with the amp’s build quality. 

More images here

Traynor YRM-1SC Reverb Master 4x10 Combo - £400 - SOLD

This was Traynor’s model that competed with Fender’s Super Reverb and share some of the same features but is voiced differently. I’ve had this amp for about 5 years and it’s been a reliable gigging amp.

The YRM-1 is a 45 watt, master volume amp with reverb and tremolo. It features one channel with two inputs at different input sensitivity levels. The front panel controls and indicators are: Treble Boost switch, Volume (input gain), Bass, Middle, Treble, Reverb, Tremolo Intensity, Tremolo Speed, Master Volume, Standby Switch, and Power Light. 

This is very well made and, as with most Traynors, has been over designed to make it robust and reliable. I believe it was made between 1976 and 1979 (speaker dates say mid 1976). It’s very technician friendly as the top of the amp cabinet comes off to expose the guts, without having to remove the chassis. 

It has the original four 10” speakers which appear to be Jensen C10Q ceramic type. All in good condition with no signs of damage.

Currently fitted with TungSol 12AX7s in V1 and V4 (Input and PI), EHX 12AX7s in V3 and V5 (Reverb and Tremolo), old stock Philips EL84 in V2 (reverb driver) and a matched pair of TungSol EL34s for the power section.  

More images here

Ampeg SVT-450H Classic Bass Head and Flight Case - £420 - SOLD

This amp is in fantastic condition, having been flight cased for all of its life. It has been a very reliable bass amp but is now surplus to requirement. 

It’s rated at 450W RMS at 4 Ohms - more than loud enough for any band situation. I used to run it through a 70’s 8x10 cab and it sounded excellent, capturing that classic Ampeg tone.

Flightcase; It is in good condition, although missing one of its rubber feet. Note that this is not a live in case or one which the amp can be left sitting in the lower base of the case; the amp fits into the flight case with the back of the amp facing down, i.e. the controls pointing to the sky.

More images here

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments