Phones for the hard of hearing

My mum is becoming increasingly deaf and particularly struggles to hear the phone - both the ring, and the voice.

Just wondered if anyone else has similar problems, and if they can recommend any particular (preferably cordless) phones for this situation. Thanks.
I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    HAL9000 said:
    My mum is becoming increasingly deaf and particularly struggles to hear the phone - both the ring, and the voice.

Just wondered if anyone else has similar problems, and if they can recommend any particular (preferably cordless) phones for this situation. Thanks.
    BT do one - I have one which is not because I'm deaf but because I get a lot of overseas calls and the line is feint. I got one for my parents. Mine is five years old and works a treat - we have a main set and four extensions round the house. All chordless.

Check out the BT site.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11346
    I remember getting my mum a phone that could have been made by Marshall, if you weren't hard of hearing before it rang you would be after. It also had flashing lights.

Admittedly this was maybe ten years ago. Have a google, it's what I did.

• I thought this was going to be the Not the Nine O'clock News sketch, which I certainly won't post a clip of now!
    My mother has things via or recommended by the RNIB and there are a couple of societies for the deaf who I would think can give similar advice. My mother does have a hearing aid ( as well as being blind) but doesn't like using it on the phone so that probably isn't the answer.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell.