Haven't been this excited by a NAD in ages....

What's Hot
cbilly22cbilly22 Frets: 360

.....and it's a Transtube Bandit 112. Been after one for ages and I really, genuinely cannot wait to play with it.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• cbilly22cbilly22 Frets: 360
    cbilly22 said:

.....and it's a Transtube Bandit 112. Been after one for ages and I really, genuinely cannot wait to play with it.

...and I love it. The clean channel is gonna' make a superb pedal base and I could happily gig with the vintage overdrive channel alone. I now have two gigable solid state amps, this and my Orange CR60C. Strange times indeed.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72761
    Brilliant amps.

There are a huge number of valve amps that I would take one of these over.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBM said:
    Brilliant amps.

There are a huge number of valve amps that I would take one of these over.

Same here.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • kjdowdkjdowd Frets: 852
    Great amps. Might buy one...

where did you get it from, @cbilly22

@kjdowd I got my Bandit from Richtone, probably paid 20 quid over the odds but £109 delivered for this amp is still utterly ridiculous.

I've had the CR60C for about a year but it may have to go to make a bit of space at our extremely compact and bijou hobbit hole cottage, especially as the, admittedly very cute, cbilly22 junior has stolen my amp room! I love the Orange but if I had one criticism, it is a real 'does what it says on the tin' amp. does the Orange sound brilliantly but perhaps not as versatile as other amps....and I love the big clean sound on the Peavey. In fact I feel like a bit of an idiot as pretty much any time I used one live in the past I went straight for the OD channel and ignored the clean side. That clean sound and a couple of OD pedals would get me through any gig.

• kjdowdkjdowd Frets: 852
    That is a great price.
    kjdowd said:
    That is a great price.

I think it's about the going rate. the only problem is finding one that is close enough to collect as many people don't want to post something that big and heavy. That's why I bit Richtones hand off. I need a new knob for one of the controls but apart from that it's dead on...even came with the footswitch.

Actually now I think about it @ICBM do you have a suitable transtube knob that I could buy?

• RMJRMJ Frets: 1274
    I wish I kept my studio pro 112
    cbilly22 said:
    Actually now I think about it @ICBM do you have a suitable transtube knob that I could buy?
    Yes - if it's the older series with ridged black knobs with a black-painted metal cap, like this:

I don't have any of the newer ones, either the chicken-head type or the silver ones.

They're not in quite perfect condition but that's probably a good match if the amp isn't brand new.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

Cheers @ICBM Sadly it's one of the later ones I need but thanks for having a look for me.

• RMJ said:

I've got one of those and use it regularly, far more portable than my Cornford or Fender and gives me perfectly good gigging sounds.

Being bulletproof helps too.

Tuscan777 said:
    RMJ said:

I've got one of those and use it regularly, far more portable than my Cornford or Fender and gives me perfectly good gigging sounds.

Being bulletproof helps too.

There is one finishing on ebay in a couple of days. Postage option too.
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4615
    Love my Bandit, so good for home and gig use .. especially using the variable wattage knob
  • nick79nick79 Frets: 260
    There is an Express 112 on ebay local to me, how do these compare to the Bandit's? 
    nick79 said:
    There is an Express 112 on ebay local to me, how do these compare to the Bandit's? 
    They're extremely similar, just a little lower-powered, with a cheaper speaker and with no presence control on the clean channel. They seem to have been created to fill the gap in the range when the Bandit went up to 80W and a Scorpion speaker, and the next one down was the Studio Pro 110 - which is also essentially the same as the Express but with a 10" speaker.

Very much the same thinking as Fender with the Blackface amps, where every model from the Deluxe up to the Dual Showman is basically the same amp but with different power sections, speakers and controls on the front panel (the missing ones being fixed internally).