Before they all die off.....

What's Hot
FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11616
in Off Topic tFB Trader

With all the recent sad passing away of some of our much loved musicians, I feel that maybe there are some musical opportunities that need to be taken up whilst many of our heroes are still with us?
What do I mean?
Maybe it would be a good time for Eric Clapton, Jeff Beck and Jimmy Page to collaborate and do a project...even if it's just a track or two or an EP.

I'd like to see Michael Schenker and Accept's Wolf Hoffman do something together - some kind of teutonic symphony in V.

Brian May and Boston's Tom Scholtz ultra guitar harmonising perhaps....

Who else would you like to see work together while time is on their side?

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3913
    I'd like to see The Jam and The Smiths reunited. Sadly it'll never happen.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Deadman;958914" said:
    Nooooooooo! This would completely ruin their respective legacies for me. I still haven't forgiven the stone roses

How very rock and roll
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3913
    So you wouldn't be buying tickets to see them? ;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • lloydlloyd Frets: 5774
    Most bands/artists lose it after a few good years together. Then they release material that if they'd release it originally, they wouldn't have made it. Nothing worse than seeing bands trot out their new material that's not up to it when everyone wants to hear what made us love them in the first place. have they got a good song in them anymore?

Manchester based original indie band Random White:

https://www.facebook.com/RandomWhite

https://twitter.com/randomwhite1

• lloyd;958973" said:
    Most bands/artists lose it after a few good years together. Then they release material that if they'd release it originally, they wouldn't have made it. Nothing worse than seeing bands trot out their new material that's not up to it when everyone wants to hear what made us love them in the first place. have they got a good song in them anymore?
    I think that's broadly true - but I'm happy to see bands reform just to tour 'the hits'.

I saw The Police on their reunion tour in 2008 - from a musicianship point of view, they were exceptional. To be honest, I doubt I'd ever listen to an old album of their's these days, never mind a new one.

But if I had the chance to see them play again, I would.
  • xSkarloeyxSkarloey Frets: 2962
    An album of just Morrissey and Marr either as a duo or with hired hands could be a gift... or it could be indifferent.

• I'd pay good money to see (i) the Jam fronted by Morrissey and (ii) Weller foppishly waving a gladioli.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • lloydlloyd Frets: 5774
    lloyd;958973" said:
    I think that's broadly true - but I'm happy to see bands reform just to tour 'the hits'.

I saw The Police on their reunion tour in 2008 - from a musicianship point of view, they were exceptional. To be honest, I doubt I'd ever listen to an old album of their's these days, never mind a new one.

But if I had the chance to see them play again, I would.

Doing old tunes or covers would be great-I saw the verve at a festival a few years back, the first 30 mins was tunes of their new album, terrible songs. Then they knocked out their hits and they were amazing. I can understand why they want to do new stuff but they should be realistic too.

Manchester based original indie band Random White:

https://www.facebook.com/RandomWhite

https://twitter.com/randomwhite1

• HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9702
    I've always wondered how Wilko and Keef would sound if you put them together. Enough similarities that it should work, but also enough differences to make it interesting.
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
  • Deadman;958914" said:
    Nooooooooo! This would completely ruin their respective legacies for me. I still haven't forgiven the stone roses

Totally agree. Two of my all-time favourite bands, both of whom I have never seen live, but still I would hate them to reform and spoil it all. How could it possibly live up to (inflated) expectations?

• Deadman;958914" said:

Totally agree. Two of my all-time favourite bands, both of whom I have never seen live, but still I would hate them to reform and spoil it all. How could it possibly live up to (inflated) expectations?

just seen @richardhomer's post about the Police reunion. They are definitely an exception - that reunion DVD is absolutely corking, highly recommended.

• octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33806
    I'd like Jellyfish to reform.
  • I'd like Rick Wakeman to play some of the Jon Lord stuff with Ritchie on guitar, Ian on Drums, and Roger on bass. It would be too much to expect them to let Ian G sing (although it would be nice if they did let him). And then Rick and Ritchie to collaborate on some new stuff.
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    Judy Tzuke.

Stunning singer and i would love to hear something new by her now she's older.

'Stay with me 'till Dawn' is still one of the best female vocals and one of the best love songs i've ever heard.

Stunning.

For those that have never heard it........................

• scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11319
    She was in Vintage TV the other night, doing her best of sort of thing.