Alarm noise!

What's Hot
GallagheroneGallagherone Frets: 143
edited February 2016 in Off Topic
Hello!

Last night I got home to find that the flat next door to me (which is currently vacant) had a really loud beeping noise. It didn't sound like the fire alarm had died because it was beeping every other second. It meant that I didn't get a very good nights sleep and I think it will more than likely still be there tonight.

The flat is currently being done out so no-one lives there and the only people that are ever in are workmen and I haven't seen any in for weeks...

Is there anything that can be done for someone to go in and stop the noise? Or am I going to have to invest in some ear plugs?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Call Environmental Health. They're the crew that deal with noise pollution (which Rock 'n' Roll Ain't, incidentally).
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745
    Could be a smoke or carbon monoxide alarm.  The good news is that the battery won't last long.  The bad news is that if it's the latter you might not wake up tomorrow morning.
    Backdoor Children Of The Sock
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • @sambostar... well that definitely isn't good haha. I will get onto the people who deal with gas leaks etc. If it isn't that then at least hopefully they can stop the alarm!

• lloydlloyd Frets: 5774
    What you need is a good drill with long wide drill bits.

Turn on full power and direct towards your brain through the ears.

Manchester based original indie band Random White:

https://www.facebook.com/RandomWhite

https://twitter.com/randomwhite1

• 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7344
    Is similar next door here. House been vacant all summer and now says sale agreed but the outside lights been on for weeks and blast right into me Beds... so went round early one morn with ladders and tools and took the bulbs out!
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
  • So it isn't the carbon monoxide or smoke alarm which is good, but leaves me no further forward as to stopping it. The guy who came out thinks that there was potentially a power cut which has reset their house alarm and that is the beeping. 

I rang my local council who said that they would sort it out. So only time will tell...

Either that...or you are left with only one alternative.  I take it, it's a modern flat?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4B_UYYPb-Gk

• 10thumbs10thumbs Frets: 427
    edited February 2016

A dark night ( no Batman jokes please) a cordless drill , a ladder , and a can of builders expanding foam = peace.

.... or does that only work if its a bell ?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6142
    10thumbs said:

A dark night ( no Batman jokes please) a cordless drill , a ladder , and a can of builders expanding foam = peace.

Yep... I can confirm that this works very nicely ;)
    (pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
    Sure it works with micro electronics too, at least the drill would.