I liked this

What's Hot
"Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I love the fact it is programmed to say random things like "Uh...Oh sorry, I got distracted...there was a bee on my arm...."

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30301
    It's actually a lot more satisfying if you string them along yourself. Why should a machine have all the fun?
  • Sassafras said:
    It's actually a lot more satisfying if you string them along yourself. Why should a machine have all the fun?
    Maybe the MkII product will be one that you can let it string them along while you keep half an ear on it while doing something else, but to let you interject if the conversation flags ...
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7805
    I'd like to string them along but I don't have the patience, someone called last night saying "I'm calling from some accident lawyer company or other" and I replied "well please don't" and put the phone down.
    "I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
  • In the rare event I actually speak to them, I insist on their personal mobile number prior to further converstaion.

Yet to have a repeat call with that one.
  • I've been toying with the idea of the South Park approach...  "you should just shoot yourself..."

Don't like the idea that somone might, but any work is rather better for society than this trade.
  • Interesting, tell me more.............
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • gubblegubble Frets: 1746

If I'm bored and they call I opt for the "ooh I'm interested in this can you hang on while I grab a pen" approach

Leave the phone on the side and see how long it takes for them to hang up.

You can get a few friends involved and have your own "call centre league"

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom