Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Warning: thefts of and from cars

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• FX_MunkeeFX_Munkee Frets: 2478
    Sporky said:
    smear it with a mixture of LSD and excrement
    I take it this will now be the forum's answer to almost any situation.
    Unless it requires a dual channel oscilloscope, signal generator or laminate flooring.
    Shot through the heart, and you’re to blame, you give love a bad name. Not to mention archery tuition.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Sporky said:
    I can't imagine many things that could not be improved with just these 2 simple ingredients, so yes, it may come in handy.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • speshul91speshul91 Frets: 1397
    menamestom;959977" said:
    speshul91 said:

Mines that unworthy of stealing I left my keys in the ignition the other day for 3 hours. Nothing. My shed is still here. Xsara Picasso with 175k on the clock.

smear it with a mixture of LSD and excrement, I'm sure that would improve it somewhat.
    Have a lol, I take the piss out of it daily but to be honest it's really really reliable, in a good way too.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SargeSarge Frets: 2425
    Don't try the brown acid kids!
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33806
    Sporky said:
    Would you have smeared it with a mixture of LSD and excrement?
    Well, that would happen anyway.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7343
    Great Jape. I always have a emergency piss bottle in the car and currently is a 1pt milk bottle. I might change this to a brown bottle expensive larger bottle and gently take the cap off so it can be replaced....
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    I have the 'joys' of on-road parking on a busy street, so to be honest my car is usually so far away from my keys when it is parked up that I often get a taxi in the morning just to take me to my car.....

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72487
    Surely this will only work with those system which just recognise the key fob automatically when it's close to the car? Which always struck me as a very stupid idea. You don't always want to unlock the car just by being near it.

On most normal ones you have to press a button on the fob to unlock the car, and I'd like to see how that could be done remotely.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30301
    Sporky said:

I wouldn't recommend having it on toast.

• This has been going on in my area for the past three years, mainly with BMWs.  Young kids have got fobs that open the BMW doors, sometimes they just unlock it and open the door, other times they steal from, or damage the inside.

Some of the entry level or small family small cars such as Ford Kia etc. seem to be fairly immune to this according to the local Police. It mainly effects the mid to high end market car range.

Saying that, my key fob can unlock/lock my car across a 1/2 mile wide Tesco car park.

• crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11461
    A lot of crooks have software that can program fobs.  They might need to physically break into the car to access a diagnostics port but once they have done that they can program a blank fob in minutes.

I think that it still makes sense to have a physical key as well as a fob.