DOD Looking Glass

What's Hot
austint01austint01 Frets: 20

This caught my ear as been really different to any other OD I've heard. That's quite a statement in a world that isn't short of OD pedals! It sounds open and bold which I've never heard many pedals do.

It's a collaboration with DOD and Shoe pedals. I heard in a NAMM video that he based it off the Shoe Savior Machine. 

It's been a long time since I've really GAS'd for an OD. I think I *need* this one.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17619
    tFB Trader
    That sounds very nice.

The lower gain sounds remind me of the Liquid Sunshine which is also a Class A FET drive.
  • I have a Mk1 LS that I'm thinking of selling so I can put funds towards this. Maybe I just like FET drives :)
  • I like that, although I tend to like everything Andy does. But, very much in the ballpark of stuff I like.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30291
    God, that Andy is such a bastard!
    He makes everything sound great, even Les Pauls.
    I'd buy every pedal he's selling if I went by his demos alone.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • CabicularCabicular Frets: 2214
    He's a really nice player but I really want to put a pick in his hand
    His style is great and it really suits him. It just looks sore and the ocd part of me gets all agitated :)
    Nice sounding pedal. Sounds more like a fuzz than an overdrive to me when the gain is up
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17619
    tFB Trader
    It's the pre gain bass control.

All pedals that do that (for example the wampler euphoria) have the property of getting much fuzzier and gainier as the bass goes up.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • timbuk02timbuk02 Frets: 271
    edited February 2016
    Really like this, especially if it can be steered into fuzzier overdrive territory. +1 on the pre-gain bass explanation. 
    Anyone have an idea how this might compare to the Tumnus? (currently my only other 'don't need but want' pedal)
  • Ro_SRo_S Frets: 929
    Anyone got one of these?

Would it be a good substitute for a Klon(e)?
    over 20 effects pedals FOR SALE, click here to see my classifieds thread.   My trading feedback

Effects for Me & my Monkey    
    YouTube channel     Facebook         Fretboard's "resident pedal supremo" - mgaw

• simonksimonk Frets: 1467
    Ro_S said:
    Anyone got one of these?

Would it be a good substitute for a Klon(e)?
    I had one for a bit, different beast to a Klon really. It's quite versatile but wouldn't be my first choice for something Klon like.
    ^  
    thanks.

Any more views about the Looking Glass?
    over 20 effects pedals FOR SALE, click here to see my classifieds thread.   My trading feedback

YouTube channel     Facebook         Fretboard's "resident pedal supremo" - mgaw

• I've had one since they came out. The only bad point so far is they're quite noisy. It might be just mine, but in low gain it's bearable but in high gain you notice it when you stop playing.

The subjective bit is the distortion flavour. It has a bit of a fuzzy characteristic. I've only really noticed how pronounced it is under mic'ing though and not through an amp in the room. It's not unmusical, but might not be everyone's cup of tea.

The good bit is that its really touch responsive. In low gain mode its really uncompressed and you can go from clean to overdrive with your picking hand. It's still sensitive in high gain but with a bit more squish under the fingers. Because of the fuzzy quality that becomes more apparent the higher the gain setting, I've been running mine in low gain mode with the gain at 9 o clock. This adds a bit of sheen to the clean sound and a genuinely natural transition into overdrive. I've not found many pedals that can actually do this. it also doesn't sound like a pedal sound on top of your core sound, it's really integrated.

I have a distortion pedal for heavier duties and use the LG to boost it. A TS style pedal would probably be better for the mid hump thing but I only play with drums and bass so I'm not finding solos are getting lost.

The EQ is also really useful across the sweep. There are no bad settings to be honest.

Hope that's useful.
    ^
    thankyou!