The iPod/iTunes/iPhone Shuffle Thread...

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• martmart Frets: 5205
    ICBM said:
    Easy. I love those kinds of bizarre juxtapositions :).
    Some weird juxtapositions work, but often I find that one song creates a mood that I'm enjoying, and the next one just wrecks it! :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • OctahedronOctahedron Frets: 400
    edited April 2014
    IanSavage said:

10) Hurricane Party "Big Rock Show" (Get This EP) 

Bloody hell, that's a blast from the past - didn't they become Heaven's Basement and are now doing quite well?

Yeah... they were initially Hurricane Party. Then they became Roadstar and released two albums. Then lineup changes, dropped the label, dropped the manager, became Heaven's Basement and then the original vocalist Richie left and now they're not the same band any more to be honest. Was all great until the original singer left!! 

I don't mind the HB album with the current singer but tbh Roadstar/Hurricane Party/early HB with Richie was way way way way waaaayyyy better.

If you can get hold of/have heard the two Roadstar albums - they're really good too. The first one was better though, "Grand Hotel". The second "Glass Mountain" is mostly good but a few duff songs on it that are kinda like... eh. That didn't have the same edge! And they were always a good live band. The current lineup aren't exactly that good to watch live. 

Now they just have this horrible generic sound. :) But it was fun while it lasted hey?
    Music the great communicator, use two sticks to make it in the nature - a music reviews blog: http://usetwosticks.wordpress.com/
  • GavRichListGavRichList Frets: 7162
    1. Elliott Smith - Angeles (Either/Or) 2. This Et Al - Wardens (Baby Machine) 3. Bat For Lashes - Lilies (The Haunted Man) 4. Chad Valley - My Girl (Young Hunger) 5. Neil Young - Heart of Gold (Harvest) 6. PVT - Didn't I furious (O Soundtrack My Heart) 7. American Football - Never Meant (American Football) 8. Gallops - Hongliday (Yours Sincerely, Dr. Hardcore) 9. The National - Pink Rabbits (Trouble Will Find Me) 10. Modest Mouse - The World At Large (Good News for People who love Bad News)
  • I Want To Be The Boy To Warm Your Mother's Heart - White Stripes - Elephant

Oh George - Foo Fighters - Foo Fighters

Best Friend Song - Stephen Lynch - Superhero

Death of a Martian - RHCP - Stadium Arcadium

Kids Are Alright - Pearl Jam - Substitute, Songs of The Who

Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones - 40 Licks

Death of a Clown - The Kinks - Singles Collection

She Said - Longpigs - The Sun Is Often Out

A Quick Peep - Oasis - Heathen Chemistry

Angel Interceptor - Ash - Intergalactic Sonic 7s