Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

New Fender Custom Shop Signature Strat on its way - who is it ?????????

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• Not sure what I think of a posthumous signature model for Gary Moore. If they didn't agree something with him when he was alive, isn't it just cashing in on his name? I'm sure they must've cleared it all with his estate to be able to use his name, but still, I'm uneasy about the idea. And I'd love to own one!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24804
    edited February 2016
    RocknRollDave;963814" said:
    Not sure what I think of a posthumous signature model for Gary Moore.

If they didn't agree something with him when he was alive, isn't it just cashing in on his name? I'm sure they must've cleared it all with his estate to be able to use his name, but still, I'm uneasy about the idea. And I'd love to own one!
    Same with the Rory Gallagher Strat - and Gibson's 'Greeny' Custom Shop Les Paul....

And in Fender's case, the amount of pressure they've had exerted by Hendrix's estate to introduce more signature models has been ridiculous....
  • RocknRollDave;963814" said:
    Not sure what I think of a posthumous signature model for Gary Moore.

If they didn't agree something with him when he was alive, isn't it just cashing in on his name? I'm sure they must've cleared it all with his estate to be able to use his name, but still, I'm uneasy about the idea. And I'd love to own one!
    Same with the Rory Gallagher Strat - and Gibson's 'Greeny' Custom Shop Les Paul....

And in Fender's case, the amount of pressure they've had exerted by Hendrix's estate to introduce more signature models has been ridiculous....
    Indeed. It's a tricky one, as I have no doubt these are faithful recreations of damn fine guitars and I would very much like to get my hands on a Gallagher Strat or a Moore Strat or a Greeny-alike..but ..yeah, something a bit wrong about it, to me.

• FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    Kane West .... the world's greatest musician.

Has Fender ever produced a Bob Dylan Strat? I don't recall one.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • jeztone2jeztone2 Frets: 2160
    edited February 2016
    Isn't it just going to be like a 60's C neck, 6105 Fretwire 9 & 1/2 radius. Light relic Parchment pick guard yawnathon?
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • gubblegubble Frets: 1746

So it's a black and white strat with a slightly different pickup in the bridge?

That's errrrrrrrrr unique?

• Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22832
    gubble said:

So it's a black and white strat with a slightly different pickup in the bridge?

That's errrrrrrrrr unique?

It's got modern hardware and a big headstock neck with 21 frets.  I think that may actually be unique.  But I am splitting very fine hairs.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom