NAD - slightly premature but what the hell.......

BarriveeBarrivee Frets: 100
Picking this up soon - SuperDrive 30 Series II http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c24/Barrivee/image_zpsvjbnqltr.jpeg
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Nice.....But these things are supposed to be super loud!!  Ear plugs at the ready.
    No Darling....I've had that ages.
  • BarriveeBarrivee Frets: 100
    The neighbours have been understanding up to now - let's see how they cope with this.
  • rawk100rawk100 Frets: 1757
    Nice, always liked the Budda stuff. Apparently these are so loud that they can vaporise small rodents, so don't put it in a room with any hamsters!
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 3006
    Barrivee;961609" said:
    The neighbours have been understanding up to now - let's see how they cope with this.
    Well as long as they like thick, chewy, super touch sensitive drive tones you should be golden !

Killer amps, foolishly sold mine last year and am currently negotiating the buyback.
    The drive channel with the 'modern' switch engaged is the best drive sound I ever had !

edited February 2016
    Thanks guys. There's not a lot of negative comments for the Budda's that I've ever come across, but horses for courses - I love em. I've wanted one for several years but couldn't really stretch to one, but they've reached an affordable level now secondhand so I took the plunge. Fortunately just sold my Roadhouse last night so no bridging loan needed!! @rawk100 my cat has worn ear defenders for years. The only thing is if I turn up the bass she still has involuntary bowel movements.
  • CabicularCabicular Frets: 2214
    I don't think they are especially loud for a 30 watter
    They are nice and light which is always a bonus
    The Blackstar Artisan 30 is way louder (and way heavier) Blackcat Hotcat 30 and Matchless DC30 are both louder and heavier.
    It's not lacking in volume for most gigs these days in fact it's probably a bit more suitable
    The drives are great. I can't remember why I benched mine. I'll need to dig it out and warm it up again I loved it.
    I remember now. I needed to redo the retaining clips for the valves. They kept falling out! Then I had a failure of the rectifier valve which was some weird thing I don't have lying around so I had to order in. By the time I got a new one and replaced it and put it on the list for some work and possibly new retainers the Two Rock stole it's spot :)
    Got some nostalgia for the old girl. It's a bit rusty on the corners and a bit tatty but they really were special amps
    Yep my Rosewell Bluesman 30 is way louder than my Cornford 50 that's just gone. In fact when it's switched to 15 I'd swear it's louder. Doesn't seem to be a straightforward correlation between watts and volume.
    Did you get it yet?
    edited February 2016
    @cabicular I've literally had my paws on it for about 2 hours. I picked it up on my way to the mother-in-laws for the weekend, arrived half an hour ago and I've just plugged in to make sure it all works. Initial thoughts are "holy sheite why didn't I get myself one years ago" but I may be able to expand on that a little when I get back home and can sit down with it. It is completely unmarked and A1 condition with its original footswitch, and I'm 99% sure judging by the older logo and straight piping on the front panel it's Pre Peavey - not that it matters particularly.
    I think mine is pre Peavy mainly from the rust on the chassis ;)
    I must dig it out again
    Lovely amp and amazingly light for what it is