Hi gain Mesa Boogie Mark series in a pedal?

What's Hot
firks91firks91 Frets: 104
edited February 2016 in FX
Anybody know of a pedal that can do this?

It seems that most boogie style pedals are voiced in the style of recto's. 

Ive looked at Boogies own pedals and well, they seem shite... If every single video ive come across is a good representation that is. Ive also read that the Flux five is apparently Mark style'd but it seems like its not very high gain according to videos. Probably more suited to Santana style. Unless you'd need something else to boost it, which sucks seeing as the Mark amps dont need anything like that.

The kind of tone im thinking of is Petrucci lead tones. Tight and smooth top end, saturated, nice mids, well defined, blah blah blah. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I had the high gain Mesa pedal (can't remember what it's called - maybe throttle box). It was great, high gain and built like a tank but it's a recto in a box pedal not a mk style. I know they get mixed reviews but perhaps amt make something you're after
  • I've heard good things about the Wampler "mesa in a box" pedal - I had one for a while, but only had it as a trade and it didn't tick my box for the kind of thing I was playing.

It did sound good, but didn't spend much time with it.
  • EvilmagsEvilmags Frets: 5158
    Mesa V twin
  • firks91 said:
    Anybody know of a pedal that can do this?

It seems that most boogie style pedals are voiced in the style of recto's. 

Ive looked at Boogies own pedals and well, they seem shite... If every single video ive come across is a good representation that is. Ive also read that the Flux five is apparently Mark style'd but it seems like its not very high gain according to videos. Probably more suited to Santana style. Unless you'd need something else to boost it, which sucks seeing as the Mark amps dont need anything like that.

The kind of tone im thinking of is Petrucci lead tones. Tight and smooth top end, saturated, nice mids, well defined, blah blah blah. 
    Flux Five has 2-stage gain and can achieve higher gain levels than the Flux Drive. I'm considering one of these at the moment. 
  • absolutpepperabsolutpepper Frets: 222
    edited August 2016
    The flux five looks cool. Just as an alt option....I picked up the bogner burnley and it absolutely blew the pants of my mesa pedal. Not exactly the same tone but IMO a much more musical and pleasing distortion.
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    Evilmags said:
    Mesa V twin
    That's modelled more on a Rectifier sound isn't it?

Wampler do stuff, I know AMT have a bunch of distortion pedals modelled on various high gain amps but I don't know if they're any good.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72563
    Missed this earlier, but yes the V-Twin is Rectifier-sounding not Mark-sounding. The V-1 is closer to the Marks, although actually most like a Dual Caliber.

The Flux Five will be the closest to a Mark probably - I've got the original Flux Drive, and it can get very close to that sound - although it's not all that high-gain, so if the Five has more as well as the Graphic that would do it.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom