samsung s5 screen repair

just dropped it and smashed the screen ,been quoted £140 from local computer shop ,seen this on e bay

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/121731948372?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

for £39.45 ,but is it a genuine Samsung replacement or is it just as good ?

grateful for any advice

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3595
    Firstly I don't feel comfortable with a free gift type advert. Secondly I question if it's just the glass, if they have your phone and say it also needs a £100 widget which is also borked what are you going to do?
    When I had an Sii screen break the options all seemed to be over £100 because the screen cost that, how can these people do it seemingly for less?
    Also I have once tried to fix a screen and it's not always that easy, and I fix loads of things and consider myself a practical person.
    Finally I'm not qualified to answer in detail, just giving my very limited experience, others may well have better and more pertinant answers.
  • speshul91speshul91 Frets: 1397
    Insurance?
  • blobbblobb Frets: 3011
    I did a galaxy mega screen recently. You can buy the glass or the screen (glass + frame) I got the latter. Remove a few screws (youtube tutorials abound) it's pretty easy. More difficult to replace just the glass as you need to heat the glue and re use. So...which replacement screen to buy? There are hundreds of sellers offering genuine Samsung replacements but I'm not sure they all are. Judge by how much they are charging. Think I went with a fifty quid one from German seller rather than a thirty quid one from Hong Kong. End result? Quick and easy to replace, does it work? Mostly. The back button doesn't register but rather than take it out and try again I just left it at that and it does the job.

The link you give looks decent enough, with the exception of losing your phone for 4 days. They appear to have kit which makes replacing the glass easy for them.
    Feelin' Reelin' & Squeelin'