Can anyone help a newbie....

BRISTOL86BRISTOL86 Frets: 1920
edited February 2016 in Technique
Hey guys

Wondering if anyone could please help a newbie out...I'm trying to work out how to play the little section in this between 3:21 and 3:37 in this video?

Sounds really lame as I'm sure it's really simple to anyone who's been playing more than 5 minutes, but is anyone able to help me get it into tab form? Almost all of my learning so far has been from tab and I find it really hard to learn from video (unless there's commentary/explanation in the video), even when I slow it down...

Obviously it's mainly played basically in the shape of a G chord...I'm ok with working out what the fretting hand is doing, it's more working out which strings are played at which time, as even when I slow it down it's hard to work it out on a small screen.

Thanks in advance if anyone can help a hapless person out...! I'm hoping one day I can look back on this post and laugh about having to ask for help about this!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• It's basically G to C back to G then D back to G.
    To start with he's hammering on from Fsharp to G on the sixth string a couple of times - then there's a hammer on and pull off on the fourth string to the third string, which would be D E D G as individual notes. Then he does a slow G run to Cmajor so G A Bflat B on the sixth and fifth strings. On the C major he does a hammer on with his second finger on the fourth string (D -E). Back to G major where does a quick run G B C Csharp on the sixth and fifth strings to the D major chord then back to G major where does the classic G run to finish - G chord then A Bflat B D E D G that's across the fifth fourth and third strings, he's using hammering on and off techniques here.
    You may find the syncopation difficult on this bit just slow it down until you get the right feel.
  • As you can probably see, he is normally holding the top 3 strings and playing a simple melody on the bass strings. This should get you in the right ballpark although it's not perfect.

• ElectroDanElectroDan Frets: 554
    edited February 2016

Second one is coming. I just noticed a mistake. 

• Let's see if it will work now.

• BRISTOL86BRISTOL86 Frets: 1920
    Thank you very much guys I really appreciate your help :-)