Global Shipping eBay

What's Hot
DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3298
edited February 2016 in Amps
Dude mails me last week wanting to buy my Hagen but I noticed he lives in New York, so I politely declined unless he was willing to pay the shipping fully insured. I also asked if he understood that the voltage would be different?

No repsonse.

Anyways, today he buys it at full price. £1500 including UK shipping. I then notice I have to ship to Derbyshire, so anyways I then ring eBay and they assure me if I get it to the depot then it's their responsibility after that. 

Start window shopping on here, notice that PT100 and keeping a certain BE in mind, then buyer mails me saying that he didn't realise about the voltage. Could he please get a refund. 

Le sigh.

Worst of it is, I only relisted as I had a promotion meaning I only paid £1 final valuation fee no matter what it sold for and now thanks to that dick brain I lose that promo. 
0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FortheloveofguitarFortheloveofguitar Frets: 4291
    edited February 2016
    I don't use eBay anymore for selling due to the sheer number of fucktards like this that mess up your listing or try and fleece you via PayPal
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3298
    Surely I'm quite clear in my description?

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=231825535925&alt=web
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • On the bright side you'll get your fee back as long as he agrees to cancel the transaction.

I did cock up with a similar eBay promo code. Got shut of a load of stuff and a £400 invoice arrives the next month. Turns out it only applied to buy it now listings.....mine were auctions
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72548
    On the bright side you'll get your fee back as long as he agrees to cancel the transaction.
    On the even brighter side you didn't ship the amp only to have him turn round and demand a refund leaving you with the option of paying for it to be shipped back to the UK, or it get damaged in transit and you looking at having it shipped back and repaired, or it going missing and him doing a chargeback and the insurance refusing to pay out, or any other number of reasons why I would never under any circumstances sell anything like this internationally on Ebay.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    edited February 2016
    I know your stance on this but I've had no bother selling stuff internationally before. Or maybe I should say yet....

Maybe the whole carry on is some sort of omen to keep the amp. 
  • It's worth mentioning that the Diezels actually have taps in the PT for 110 volts - it's literally changing two cables to change the voltage for the US one and Peter will talk any tech worldwide through the change for free?

TBH - the guys sounds like an arse tho :)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72548
    Deijavoo said:
    I know your stance on this but I've had no bother selling stuff internationally before. Or maybe I should say yet....
    Nor did I mostly. Just a couple, both fairly low value.

All it takes is one disaster on a high value item like this and it will undo all the successful deals you've ever had.

I would never sell anything internationally that you can't afford to write off if something goes wrong. The chances of you being able to pursue a successful insurance or legal claim in a foreign country are close to zero.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7541
    Deijavoo said:
     then buyer mails me saying that he didn't realise about the voltage. Could he please get a refund. 

How about say 'no, it was clear, I've spent the money, you own the amp now, ould you like me to list it again on your behalf and pass on the proceeds once it sells' ? 
    Red ones are better. 
    It's worth mentioning that the Diezels actually have taps in the PT for 110 volts - it's literally changing two cables to change the voltage for the US one and Peter will talk any tech worldwide through the change for free?

TBH - the guys sounds like an arse tho :)

Really? That makes me want to keep the amp more. So well made.