What's Hot

Comments

• BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    Whitecat said:
    Someone needs to sign in as a new user and post their first thread as

"Excuse me, I'd like to have an argument, please.."
    No they shouldn't.
    Yes they shou...

Oh, I'm not falling for that one, you little tyke....
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • It's a very long and tortuous story (see Trustpilot for the full horror). 

No sign of this on trustpilot under rguitars -have you been a victim of the classic dispute for inaccuracy thing that every business does on there when they get a negative review?

https://www.pissedconsumer.com/company/richards-guitars/richards-guitars-unprofessional-aggressive-and-refuses-refund-201705121046364.html

Hi. When the guy decided - in the end - to give me my refund (which he called "blackmail") I thought I would give him a break by removing it myself (though he had already approached them to remove it). What a mistake that was!

Despite wanting to draw a line under it he has nevertheless continued to bombard me with abusive emails in which I am accused of "destroying his children's future". He even made some bizarre and quite frankly scary threat saying he is currently "making a video about me" and that he will "make me famous" and that I should "watch out for it" in the next few days. All the while banding about phrases like "scumbag" and "vile" which seems to be his stock-in trade and what he confuses with "first-rate customer service" and "wanting to make people happy". 

I have no doubt, despite being banned from this forum, he'll be monitoring these comments and there will be some more fall out. Any more of it and I'll be contacting the police. I have never actually been scared of a retailer before. It's a novel experience.       

0reaction image LOL 19reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • If you were to start filing the nut slots and hammering down high frets, that would be a different matter.
    Or turning the truss rod more than one should. 

Exactly. Lowering the action on a faulty guitar - which he would have to set up anyway - is not damage. Man, has he lashed me about it! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12686

It's a very long and tortuous story (see Trustpilot for the full horror). 

No sign of this on trustpilot under rguitars -have you been a victim of the classic dispute for inaccuracy thing that every business does on there when they get a negative review?

https://www.pissedconsumer.com/company/richards-guitars/richards-guitars-unprofessional-aggressive-and-refuses-refund-201705121046364.html

Hi. When the guy decided - in the end - to give me my refund (which he called "blackmail") I thought I would give him a break by removing it myself (though he had already approached them to remove it). What a mistake that was!

Despite wanting to draw a line under it he has nevertheless continued to bombard me with abusive emails in which I am accused of "destroying his children's future". He even made some bizarre and quite frankly scary threat saying he is currently "making a video about me" and that he will "make me famous" and that I should "watch out for it" in the next few days. All the while banding about phrases like "scumbag" and "vile" which seems to be his stock-in trade and what he confuses with "first-rate customer service" and "wanting to make people happy". 

I have no doubt, despite being banned from this forum, he'll be monitoring these comments and there will be some more fall out. Any more of it and I'll be contacting the police. I have never actually been scared of a retailer before. It's a novel experience.       

Frankly, contact the police NOW. That is harrasment and making threats in writing like that is not on.

Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 13reaction image Wisdom
  • bobliefeldbobliefeld Frets: 425
    A few years ago I was talking to him about his "R Guitars" semi custom line.  He was getting some guitars made in the far east, and then finishing and putting high quality hardware on them.  

My experience with him was very positive up until I said I wanted to go ahead and asked him for payment details.  Never heard from him again.  Very strange.  In hindsight I would've been insane to pay £899 or whatever for a chinese guitar with nice pickups so alls well that ends well.  
  • GassageGassage Frets: 31007
    ^ this.

He needs it too- he's clearly unhinged.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• ennspekennspek Frets: 1626
    @smarty we usually resolve this issue very easily. If you float you're a ringer, if you drown you're alright!
    Burning is also available for a small extra fee.
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • impmann said:

Frankly, contact the police NOW. That is harrasment and making threats in writing like that is not on.

Probably good advice. It's what my GF has implored me to do. I have visions of him beating me to death with the archtop while he screams that I shouldn't ever mess with his set up again.

11reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12686
    Oh and @smarty

Two things, fella - apologies for the misunderstanding, but I'm sure that if you have met the guy in question (or read his "exploits") he does tend to do anything he can to get his own way, and setting up a shill acount isn't unheard of here or anywhere else. From the other side, it did appear to be this particular guy's modus operandi.

Secondly - humour. Its missing from an awful lot of the printed word - and when its written it can come across as sarcastic, or needling or... just bad. Most of the guys on here are some of the best on the net on guitar forums you'll find - and some true industry professionals too. Its up to you if you want to delete your acount - or you can just ignore it (nobody demands that you come here...) but you'll find that a 'flounce' like this can decend into piss taking. Either go and be done with it, or join in the humour... life's too short.

Hope you stick around. :-)
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom
  • ennspekennspek Frets: 1626
    edited May 2017

Won't somebody please think of the children!
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DLMDLM Frets: 2513

Well, here's the space to watch:

But to be honest, I think you're better off going to the fuzz before it even gets that far.

• GassageGassage Frets: 31007
    ennspek said:

I assure you, Richard's spoken to his community

Even as we speak, this is the scene in Stratford.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Probably good advice. It's what my GF has implored me to do. I have visions of him beating me to death with the archtop while he screams that I shouldn't ever mess with his set up again.

Keyboard warriors don't know how to wield anything - except for empty threats, poor argument, and shallow thought.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • freakboy1610freakboy1610 Frets: 1216
     He even made some bizarre and quite frankly scary threat saying he is currently "making a video about me" and that he will "make me famous" and that I should "watch out for it" in the next few days.
    This summer.................Run, Pray, Hide...........Mentalist v The Action Mangler.
    Link to my trading feedback
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33851
    edited May 2017
    I find it particularly hilarious that he values this at £100:

He even made some bizarre and quite frankly scary threat saying he is currently "making a video about me" and that he will "make me famous" and that I should "watch out for it" in the next few days.
    This summer.................Run, Pray, Hide...........Mentalist v The Action Mangler.
    Maybe he's remaking Duran Duran's Rio video....?

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Gassage said:
    ennspek said:

I assure you, Richard's spoken to his community

Even as we speak, this is the scene in Stratford.

Look @ennspek - flashy lights!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Loving the fact that @smarty has hit thefrets chart on his first day ;)

4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
This discussion has been closed.