NAD and the way an office should be...

What's Hot
relic245relic245 Frets: 963
edited February 2016 in Amps
You can see the THR10C on the right hand corner of my desk.

So this is how an office should be. I'm trying out a new working pattern which is supposed to be good for concentration. Work for 25 mins then break for 5. After 4 cycles take a longer break. 

The new setup is perfect, in my 5 minute breaks I'm there, guitar ready, amp ready and off I go. Makes working a whole lot more fun! Oh and the THR sounds great!

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I like the fact that the les Paul is plugged in ready to go
    How very rock and roll
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • relic245relic245 Frets: 963
    :) exactly.....

All I have to do is switch it on, wait about 10 seconds and I'm Jimmy Page in my head all over again.....
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30941
    Wait until it clicks around to Echoes...

28 mins later...

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    edited February 2016
  • Thread spoiler.....which THR amp do you prefer? Pondering one myself,, ta
  • @relic245 - Is there any chance that you are self-employed ? :)
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72553
    relic245 said:
    Being the obsessive I am, that picture scares me because the guitar appears to not be on the hanger properly.

If it was a Telecaster I would be more worried about your desk and the floor underneath it, but as it's a Les Paul...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • relic245relic245 Frets: 963
    @icbm you're very observant. .. one of the rings was pushed back a bit there was no danger of the guitar falling but I've fixed it now. Thanks for the heads up.

@wesmeister yep self employed how did you guess lol.

@jonhosker I tried the 10 and 10c yesterday. It was a real toss up between the 2 but the deluxe model on the 10c is really nice, just has a bit more niceness to my ears than the clean on the 10.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72553
    relic245 said:
    @icbm you're very observant. .. one of the rings was pushed back a bit there was no danger of the guitar falling but I've fixed it now. Thanks for the heads up.
    I've worked in music shops for enough years to have an instinctive radar for it! Seen a few guitars fall off hangers too, although never one that I was the last to touch…

One was a Les Paul, and unfortunately I was too far away to get to it before it fell. Broken headstock :(.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• Thanks for the amp advice - keep rigour New routine, might diary in more 5 min. practices, sure they would be longer than 5 though!
  • MattFGBIMattFGBI Frets: 1602
    John_A said:
    That's not an office. 

This is not an official response. 

contactemea@fender.com 

1reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • spark240spark240 Frets: 2089
    John_A said:
    Dude...whats that cool looking explorer thingy?

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24565
    Ibanez Destroyer, maybe?
  • Lol this is why I prefer not to work at home. Too many distractions and not much work actually gets done ;)
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • bazxkrbazxkr Frets: 616
    Lol this is why I prefer not to work at home. Too many distractions and not much work actually gets done ;)

I agree...trouble is at work I also have a 100w supersonic twin, excelsior & lil Blackstar fly stack LOL so coming to work does not clear the distractions. What you get for having more amps than room to store them haha

I dream of having a full stack in the main office...certainly would be a good talking point..certainly beats a graph of last years sales figures

:))
  • MattFGBI said: