NAD and more superb customer service

RichardjRichardj Frets: 1538
On a brief recent trip to the UK I acquired @Arktic83's lovely little Cornell Plexi 7, a bit of a forum favourite as I believe it originally came from @ThorpyFX and then from @FelineGuitars. My only concern was getting it back to France (OK, should have thought about that but, well, you know).

Handily Denis Cornell is based less than ten minutes drive from my parent's place where I was staying and I made a cheeky telephone call to him asking if he could help with a box etc.  So, I rock up to his place early on Sunday morning with said amp.  He then offers to check it over, service it if needed, replace the mains cable for a European one, replace the slightly worn screws on the back and, after I commented on the new Cornell amp logo, replace the old one for one of those.  As well as securely packaging the amp and arranging to have it couriered to France.  All for what I felt was a very reasonable sum.  It turns up today via FedEx every bit as good as new.

@Arktic83 (Neil), great meeting you and talking gear nonsense over a couple of really expensive beers ;).  Denis Cornell, the man is legend!

He did twist my arm into trying out a Romany Plus and the new Little Brown too............
0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• SporkySporky Frets: 28656
    I found Denis absolutely brilliant to deal with; he was happy to chat about all sorts of things, let me try a range of amps (and hooking up to various speakers).

My Romany started making an odd noise after a couple of months, so I popped him an email with a recording and he sent a set of new valves over straight away. He was even nice when I asked what sort of price I should sell it for!

Lovely chap.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6217
    tFB Trader
    Well Happy new amp day, that new logo matches the grill very nicely
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11625
    edited February 2016 tFB Trader
    Congrats - was a lovely little amp - but alas I just had too many to keep them all.
    I like the fact it has it's own skateboard now!

Dennis is a very good guy and makes some nice amps

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

• GassageGassage Frets: 30941
    Den is a legend. I once met him at South Mimms and had a KFC before picking up some amps. (Chicken pickin' y'see)

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• Superb service, and one of those great stories where money isnt the be all...
  • Arktik83Arktik83 Frets: 431
    Glad to see you're re-united with the amp.  It really is a wonderful tone, definitely the best amp I have ever owned in my opinion.  Enjoy!