Advice needed for mixing desks

PC_DavePC_Dave Frets: 3396
Hi all,

I need to get a mixing desk for my acoustic duo - 2 x Vox, 1 x Guitar and possible 1 x MP3 input, has to have onboard effects (Singers request) and be able to to send to 2 sets of IEMs.

Any suggestions?
This week's procrastination forum might be moved to sometime next week.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10413

To get 2 stereo independent IEM mix's you need to get a desk with 4 aux sends, most little desks only have 1 or 2. You could slum it with mono mix's though. I like the Allen and Heath small desks, you get a couple of aux's and you can kill the onboard effects with a footswitch

Another option would be the Mackie DL806 and an iPad. That has great dynamic processing and time based effects, enough aux sends for 2 stereo IEM mix's and you can fine tweak your patch and save it under different venue names. 
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
  • PC_DavePC_Dave Frets: 3396
    Cheers for the info @Danny1969 - any particular Allen and Heath desks you could recommend?
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10413
    The z12fx is good for the money, I use one in an acoustic duo. There's a cheaper Z10FX but that one from memory only has the one aux send
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
  • PC_DavePC_Dave Frets: 3396
    Thanks mate, will have a looksie :)
  • Z10s  fx doesn't have mutes on the channels which can be a pain go for Z60 fx you get mutes and faders worth the extra
    www.maltingsaudio.co.uk