Original bands - gig available on 27th Feb, Luton

What's Hot
digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26617
We're playing at The Castle Tavern in Luton on the 27th (Saturday), and they're looking for another band to join the bill. Probably a 30-40 minute set, rock-ish stuff.

It's the same day as The Guitar Show in Birmingham, so bear that in mind. It's about a 2 hour trek from Brum.

We've played there once before, though, and it was a cracking night - packed crowd, for three out-of-town bands (you can't say that very often).

Anybody interested?
<space for hire>
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Really? Nobody's up for this?
    <space for hire>
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3298
    I would have been if it wasn't for the short notice, one of us is definitely booked already. :-(
  • On paternity leave from band I'm afraid for a few weeks otherwise we would have been well up for this
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • I will see if the lads are about and get back to you

Failing that @GavRichList might be up for it?
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • We can't make it, the bass player is gigging with his other band :-(

I can ask a mate if you still need someone?
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • Bugger. I haven't heard back from the promoter - if need be, we'll just play a longer set. The headliner's just asked if we can swap places 'cos their drummer's other half has popped a sprog out and he doesn't want to be out late...
    <space for hire>
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3298
    Bugger. I haven't heard back from the promoter - if need be, we'll just play a longer set. The headliner's just asked if we can swap places 'cos their drummer's other half has popped a sprog out and he doesn't want to be out late...

I always laughed at people for stuff like that when I was young. The gig was more important maaaaahhnn..... How silly of me. However, I now have kids myself and still find that sort of thing quite odd. What does an hour later matter? Is his partner gonna crucify him if he's out past his bedtime? 

Maybe I'm clinging on to my youth but I'd still happily drive back from a gig at 7am and walk straight into work. Done it plenty of times in the past but nobody else seems to fancy it these days which is fair enough

I remember soundchecking with my mate's band back in the day, the drummer got a call just before his soundcheck and he had to go as she demanded that he come home to bath the baby. She didn't want to do it. I don't think he came back, ever. Last thing he did band wise. 
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom