Show and Tell Thread - Lets hear your bands!

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• steamabacussteamabacus Frets: 1266
    These days, my 'band' consists of me and my Line6 DL4 looper. I'd say my stuff falls somewhere between 'psychedelic', 'ambient' and 'rock'.

I post my sketches and ideas on my Soundcloud page. Every so often, the best of these get cleaned up, edited and mastered onto CD as my 'Guitar Diaries'. I've recently set up a Bandcamp page for these as well.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8731
    edited August 2013
    1. First of all - what is your band called  Urban Legends

2. If you had to pigeonhole your music into a genre, what would it be? - who would you say you appeal to?  Covers band that avoids 70s classic rock

3. How did you come to be a band? How did the band form? The band has been around for about 10 years.  They called me to say their guitarist was leaving, and would I join

4. Give us a link to your myspace / facebook accounts so we can give your music a listen or even a like. 
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
  • 1. First of all - what is your band called

Dulcet Jones, although it's just me playing several instruments.

2. If you had to pigeonhole your music into a genre, what would it be? - who would you say you appeal to?

Spooky prog instrumental, catering to a halloween theme.

3. How did you come to be a band? How did the band form?

After having played in numerous bands and done a long solo guitar stint I tired of playing live and for now write and record this weird creepy music.

4. Give us a link to your myspace / facebook / myface / spacebook / bebo accounts so we can give your music a listen or even a like.

This is "Timeframe" , a youtube vid of a song I wrote on guitar years ago and then recently added synth, bass guitar and electronic percussion.

More  of my music can be found at the links in my sig, not all songs have guitar though.

“Theory is something that is written down after the music has been made so we can explain it to others”– Levi Clay

• Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    1. First of all - what is your band called

Tacoma Narrows Bridge Disaster

2. If you had to pigeonhole your music into a genre, what would it be? - who would you say you appeal to?

Progressive rock. Post-rock. Metal. Think Godspeed You! Black Emperor mixed with Tool. Not sure who we appeal to really; sexually frustrated men in their teens, 20's, 30's, and 40's???

3. How did you come to be a band? How did the band form?

In 2008 I was looking to start a band. I jumped on musofinder and I found 'bagge' - our other guitarist Adam. He had already secured a drummer (Alex) and they were looking for a guitarist and bassist. Myself and another guy arranged to meet them, and initially I was thinking I would play bass. The other guy didn't show and I was umming and aaahing about whether to play guitar, and those guys just said "look. Pick one." so I picked guitar. I hadn't played guitar in a band before, only in my bedroom. We jammed, and it became immediately clear that I wasn't going to find anyone else more suited to what I wanted to do, and I think the other guys would say the same!

It's now 2013 and we're still loving it!

4. Give us a link to your myspace / facebook / myface / spacebook / bebo accounts so we can give your music a listen or even a like.

www.bridgedisaster.co.uk
    www.youtube.com/tnbduk
    www.twitter.com/tnbduk
    www.facebook.com/tnbduk