New Old Deluxe Reverb Day

What's Hot
JohnPerryJohnPerry Frets: 1623
Welcome home my original '71 Deluxe Reverb after a 14-month excursion in Kent. I rather missed it and bought it back. It's rehoused in a recent blonde cab with a wheat grille, though I have the original one in the loft and might put it back as it originally was. Can't decide.

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• llewllew Frets: 78
    Love the look myself,great job getting it back.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24853
    edited February 2016
    Original cab ASAP #Luddite
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72774
    Original.

It just looks wrong with the cream.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• firks91firks91 Frets: 104
    doesnt look terrible but i think agree that the original colours suit the silver face better.
  • strat84strat84 Frets: 322
    Congrats great amps! The chassis looks pretty clean! I just put the Texas Heat back in mine after trying a few others.. I don't know why I swapped it in the first place, best I've tried in a DR! ;)
  • JohnPerryJohnPerry Frets: 1623
    Mine has a cannabis rex in it. Must say i have thought about experimenting with something else

• Jimbro66Jimbro66 Frets: 2431
    Nah, keep the blonde cab then paint the control panel black, taking care not to paint over the silk screening. Proper job ;)
  • Nice one John.  If it was mine, (and I wish it was) I'd put it back to the original look.  Just a personal thing but I like the SF look.
    No Darling....I've had that ages.
  • MistyMisty Frets: 135
    edited February 2016
    Very nice. I like the cab, but I'd probably put it back to stock. I have a '72 Deluxe Reverb which I have owned for years. It currently has a G12H30 in there, and sounds pretty good, better than the new Jensen C12N I tried, and also a Celestion Gold, which works great with my Dr Z amps but not, IMO, with the Deluxe. I'm always toying with the idea of selling the DR to fund another Dr Z., but can't quite bring myself to part with it.

• I love that amp AND the look mate ! I came close to trading it once, I seem to recall
  • Damnnn! That's a thing of beauty.