Thr10

shsam75shsam75 Frets: 1
Quick question regarding the yamaha amps. Is there any hardware differences between the regular 10, the C and the X? Is it just the saved presets that are different? If so, in theory can you get all the sounds of all 3 amps by using the PC software?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• They are probably the same internals but you can't replicate the other models as you suggest.  Over-rated imho.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Cheers. Any idea why it's not possible? Thought the software allowed you to chosse different amp types and tweak to your hearts content
  • exocetexocet Frets: 1968
    shsam75;986102" said:
    Cheers. Any idea why it's not possible? Thought the software allowed you to chosse different amp types and tweak to your hearts content
    They don't appear to be designed like that. Each model looks similar, I'd be surprised if there were any hardware / analogue component differences. However, Yamaha don't provide the necessary firmware required to replicate all sounds on all models. As I understand it, the gain available on each model is the main difference. The original THR probably sits in the middle gain wise.
  • GassageGassage Frets: 31039
    I may be in a minotity of one here, but I prefer the original cream ones.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• koss59koss59 Frets: 859
    I have a THR5 and one of my students let me borrow his THR10 C as he was going to sell. On paper the classic model is much more me but it didn't sound as good as the 5 even with the better eq and amp models so I agree with Gassage.
    Facebook.com/nashvillesounduk/