DD-20 no wet signal - fixed

What's Hot
sgosdensgosden Frets: 1994
edited March 2016 in FX
So after years of my drunken and clumsy feet smashing the dd20, it's had no issues.

Had my 3yo neice dancing dancing around whilst me n drummer had jam t'other evening.
She kicks the pedal.
Signal completely dies.
Wiggle the output jack and it comes back ok.
Plug in today and whilst pedal appears to be opperating, there is no wet signal coming out.

Anyone got any ideas what's happened / how to fix it?

Is this a sign to get a SA Nemesis?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Have a look in the manual- there's a way to change the audio output and one of the modes is wet/dry. I guess if you plug a cable in to the other output and get no dry signal that'll confirm if that's the problem.

How a kick from a three year old could make that happen is beyond me, but having seen two kids through that age nothing would surprise me.

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

• boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12419
    If waggling the jack fixed it temporarily I'd look at that. Try a bit of contact cleaner first, might just be oxidised inside. Otherwise, get the soldering iron out.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72598
    edited February 2016
    Sounds like the output jack might be broken or the internal switch in it - which separates the wet and dry signals in one or other of the output modes, I forget which - is not making proper contact.

If she stood on the cable it could have done one of those things.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• sgosdensgosden Frets: 1994

ICBM said:

Sounds like the output jack might be broken or the internal switch in it - which separates the wet and dry signals in one or other of the output modes, I forget which - is not making proper contact.

If she stood on the cable it could have done one of those things.

I was thinking its more likely to be something internal around the wet/dry mix, as the dry signal comes through no issues.

Have a look in the manual- there's a way to change the audio output and one of the modes is wet/dry. I guess if you plug a cable in to the other output and get no dry signal that'll confirm if that's the problem.

How a kick from a three year old could make that happen is beyond me, but having seen two kids through that age nothing would surprise me.

Checked all settings and did factory reset on it.

chaos seems to follow her :P

• sgosden said:

chaos seems to follow her :P

Chaos follows all three year olds. Like metaphysical ambulance chasing. 

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • sgosdensgosden Frets: 1994

turns out it was a cable issue, and me being a numpty.

the dd20 lives on.

good dd20. *strokes dd20 in lap like a bond villains cat*