Are we ever satisfied?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    What all my kit, instruments and pedals are missing is the talent knob...  Glenn Tilbrook at the last gig we did used my p90 SG into a ramparte amp straight in with a cable.. and he trounced everyone... and that amp doesn't even have a tone knob.. sigh......
    Monster player! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • xSkarloeyxSkarloey Frets: 2962
    @shaunm

I don't know. I've spoken to horn players and they can be obsessive too, just in a less overt way to guitarists.

I bet there are a few minted pianists with large collections of not only joannas, but stools, music stands etc ;)
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    Not to exclude the women on the forum, but I think it's a bloke thing.  I know someone who's collection of fishing reels is probably worth as much as my guitars, and people who spend 000's on RC cars, Hi_Fi, tools that never get used etc etc...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ChalkyChalky Frets: 6811
    Satisfaction = Stagnation! [-X
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • samzadgansamzadgan Frets: 1471
    Im happy with amps...have been for a while.

Im happy pedals and guitars too...i just like new things too
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26892
    I'm "fortunate" in that very few amps on the market actually fulfil my requirements - ie two channels, one high-gain and one higher-gain.

As it is, the only ones that worked for me are the original Jet City range and the Kraken. I have both, and I am happy :)

My main area of dissatisfaction is with the overall way my rig interfaces with my limbs - I want no more than one stomp to get anywhere during a song, but without any patch latency. I've got as close to it as I'm going to get for now (with a GSP1101 sitting in the rack behind me and a MIDI controller at my feet, with a couple of pedals for ad-hoc effects), but in an ideal world I wouldn't have the rack either. Sadly, Digitech don't make any floor-based units with a MIDI interface or relay controls.
    <space for hire>
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1823
    I'm very happy with my set up but occasionally the thought of buying a second amp to run alongside my J20 does enter my head. Even been hinking about it again this week :)
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • DaiCappDaiCapp Frets: 135
    shaunm;990327" said:
    [quote="Pete24v;990320"]Yep.

Sax players probably spend their time playing their instruments instead.
    My old man was a sax player and he had 3, a tenor, an alto (he used this when he got older and couldn't manage the tenor) and a C Melody which was his prefered sax as it worked better for band work as there was no transposing required... Each was for a very specfic job and he only ever had 2 at a time. He never churned through gear - one time purchases each one and he played the living daylights out of all of them
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30319
    Most brass and woodwind players I've known have tried loads of different mouthpieces and reeds. I don't think they're much different from most other gear heads. We just try stuff till we find what suits us.
  • shaunmshaunm Frets: 1636
    Sassafras;993759" said:
    Most brass and woodwind players I've known have tried loads of different mouthpieces and reeds. I don't think they're much different from most other gear heads. We just try stuff till we find what suits us.
    That's just it though, going by how people move gear on here it's fair to say that finding something that suits is mighty difficult.
  • Nope I don't think we are, and I think part of it is to do with modern marketing of products which promise to give us what we want or something better than what we want or something we didn't know we want. I am totally guilty of falling for this, but I do believe that making a few good choices early on will make for a long and happy association. Sometimes as well, investing more at the outset will also pay dividends in the long run.
  • ChuckManualChuckManual Frets: 692
    edited March 2016
    I was perfectly happy with my set-up until I joined this place and some unconscionable swine forced their Two Rock amp on me.

Now I'm hooked and I "need" one of the larger models.

To get by on a daily basis I've been reduced to visiting the Coda website and licking the screen of my laptop...  >:D<
    Not much of the gear, even less idea.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom