I rehearsed with the most unlikely amp last night.

What's Hot
gubblegubble Frets: 1761

So we had rehearsal last night at a place we've never used before in Fareham (place was 'ok' but wow their toilet was the stuff of nightmares)

Couldn't be bothered to bring down the head and cab so thought I'd use my little line 6 spider 15 watt jobbie and line it out through the PA.

On it's own it was just loud enough to keep up with the drummer - who isn't exactly quiet. Ok it didn't sound like a wonderful rich tone machine but it was usuable.

Genuinely shocked how loud it was.

Another tick in the book for this little amp that keep surprising me

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FuzzdogFuzzdog Frets: 839
    We stocked Line 6 where I used to work, and the Spiders were quite often what we ended up plugging into when things were quiet and we just wanted to have a quick five minute jam.  Simple, convenient, and saved wear and tear on the fancy stuff.

Never sounded great, but never sounded bad either!  
    -- Before you ask, no, I am in no way, shape or form related to Fuzzdog pedals, I was Fuzzdog before Fuzzdog were Fuzzdog.  Unless you want to give me free crap, then I'm related to whatever the hell you like! --
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FiftyshadesofjayFiftyshadesofjay Frets: 1436
    edited March 2016
    I did a gig a while ago where full backline was supposed to be provided to our spec. Imagine my horror when all I had to use was a Line 6 Spider 15.

Managed to make it work anyway and it was mic'd up through the PA. A few people there who had seen us before said it was one of the best sounds we'd had. Not sure how I felt about that.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom