Reverb pedals

What's Hot
zepp76zepp76 Frets: 2534
I'm thinking of buying a Hall of Fame reverb pedal but thought I'd first ask you learned folk if there is anything better with a budget up to £150? Many thanks in advance for your time.
Tomorrow will be a good day.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• RichardjRichardj Frets: 1538
    Hardwire Supernatural is more natural sounding for the conventional spring and plate IMHO. Shimmer and Supernova are exceptional.
  • xSkarloeyxSkarloey Frets: 2962
    Digitech Hardwire reverb is the S/natural's less flash sibling.

Discontinued I think but may be bargains out there.

I think were I buying now I'd go Boss.
  • guitarpologuitarpolo Frets: 120
    Digitech Polara is good value at £99 for what it can do, if you like options.
  • All the Hardwire pedals are excellent value 2nd hand, the reverb being no exception.
  • babysnakebabysnake Frets: 21
    A few years ago I got into ambient playing/looping and created a pedalboard for that purpose.....the search for my perfect reverb ended the moment I plugged in to a Neunaber Stereo Wet. A bit more spendy than some of the other suggestions but you can find them used for £150....since I got the Wet reverb I havn't once thought about replacing it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • MrSwansonMrSwanson Frets: 457
    edited March 2016
    babysnake;991220" said:
    A few years ago I got into ambient playing/looping and created a pedalboard for that purpose.....the search for my perfect reverb ended the moment I plugged in to a Neunaber Stereo Wet. A bit more spendy than some of the other suggestions but you can find them used for £150....since I got the Wet reverb I havn't once thought about replacing it.
    Wis'd second hand neunaber stereo pedal
    View my trading feedback here: http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58681/
  • MrSwanson said:
    babysnake;991220" said:
    Wis'd second hand neunaber stereo pedal
    Would the Mono Wet be an option? They're going for nearer your budget, I think.
  • HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22257
    Hardwire stuff - mostly meh. I've had two break on me and the sounds are distinctly average despite all the blahblahblah abotu the Lexicon connection. 

HOF - quite surprisingly good as I expected it to be another TC pedal that had some good sounds but frustrating in operation. Best of the £75 and under reverb pedals. 

Marshall Reflector - best of the budget ones. About £30 s/h. 

Neunaber Wet - very good if you want to spend at the top of your budget. 

• xSkarloeyxSkarloey Frets: 2962
    edited March 2016
    Hardwire stuff - mostly meh. I've had two break on me and the sounds are distinctly average despite all the blahblahblah abotu the Lexicon connection. 

HOF - quite surprisingly good as I expected it to be another TC pedal that had some good sounds but frustrating in operation. Best of the £75 and under reverb pedals. 

Marshall Reflector - best of the budget ones. About £30 s/h. 

Neunaber Wet - very good if you want to spend at the top of your budget. 
    Be aware that it's all about opinions, but I don't think the Hardwire is meh in the slightest. 

The Marshall, however, I think is underwhelming for the price charged new. At second hand prices it's acceptable. 

:D
  • DopesickDopesick Frets: 1510
    There's a Hardwire RV-7 going in the Classifieds, but I much prefer the Supernatural. It's awesome.

Also a Subdecay Super Spring Theory going on eBay at the moment with a couple days to go, and it's at only around £35 so far. Great pedal with Trails and a Room reverb switch.
  • BluesyDaveBluesyDave Frets: 413
    I'd also say that I've enjoyed Digitech reverb pedals (Hardwire and Polara, which I still have).  Personally I think you'd struggle to get a better value/quality reverb pedal for less money than the Polara.  There are better pedals, like the Wet (though its not as versatile), but you'll pay more.  And if you play in a band....at gigging levels, will you hear a difference?
    No Darling....I've had that ages.
  • zepp76zepp76 Frets: 2534
    Thank you to all of you for your suggestions, I'll check them out on YouTube. I will have to buy new as I will no doubt be getting a good portion of the cost from gift vouchers for my big four O in a few weeks time.
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11472
    edited March 2016
    You might be able to pick up a Strymon Blue Sky for £150 second hand - it goes for £249 new.  The advantage over several of the others mentioned is that it has two footswitchs so you can easily use two different settings.  You could have a subtle reverb for everyday use on the favourite switch, along with a whacked out spacey one when the favourite switch is off.

Edit:  Alternatively blow the budget completely and get a Big Sky - it's amazing.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22257
    Skarloey said:
    Be aware that it's all about opinions, but I don't think the Hardwire is meh in the slightest. 

The Marshall, however, I think is underwhelming for the price charged new. At second hand prices it's acceptable. 

Price charged new for a Reflector - £50 at GAK. S/H prices often around £30 and under. Works for me.  

Hardwire reverb and the Supernatural - fantastically average just like the budget Lexicon rack units but with the fun of people on guitar forums talking about the 'Lexicon chip' like it's a unicorn. I think the Boss RV-5 sounds way better than both and takes distortion/overdrive much better.

TC HOF - the halls and rooms are pretty good.   

• SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30318
    I've got a Tech 21 RVB/Boost which does a convincing spring, hall and plate reverb and has quite a lot of tweakability but my reverb needs are fairly basic. It's just a good quality and good sounding pedal. Supposed to be analogue as well (if that makes any difference).
  • BeexterBeexter Frets: 617
    The Zoom multi-stomps give a lot of bang for the buck...I think the 70 CDR or the 100Bt have the widest choice of verbs. Having said that, the TC Toneprint editor should give you the option to create your perfect reverb. The ability to edit and save multiple parameters is fairly unique as far as I'm aware. I've had the Hof mini and full size but currently use the Zoom cos it does so much more than just reverb
  • zepp76zepp76 Frets: 2534
    crunchman said:
    You might be able to pick up a Strymon Blue Sky for £150 second hand - it goes for £249 new.  The advantage over several of the others mentioned is that it has two footswitchs so you can easily use two different settings.  You could have a subtle reverb for everyday use on the favourite switch, along with a whacked out spacey one when the favourite switch is off.

Edit:  Alternatively blow the budget completely and get a Big Sky - it's amazing.

Oh man, why did you go and do that! I checked out footage of the Blue sky on YouTube and love it but.......the price!!! Looks like I may have to sell a few items from my other hobby (air guns). Thank you to all who have contributed to this thread, there's a lot to take in.
  • FaCowFaCow Frets: 40
    I've got a Mr Black supermoon I'm thinking of parting with to raise funds. They are held in quite high regard. They're in your budget new. Mine is mint and also cheaper :D. They can do conventional amp-like reverb and then get real spacey and has a good modulation you can remove completely or get pretty swayish with.

• DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4613
    Beexter;992057" said:
    The Zoom multi-stomps give a lot of bang for the buck...I think the 70 CDR or the 100Bt have the widest choice of verbs. Having said that, the TC Toneprint editor should give you the option to create your perfect reverb. The ability to edit and save multiple parameters is fairly unique as far as I'm aware. I've had the Hof mini and full size but currently use the Zoom cos it does so much more than just reverb
    I came here to say the damn same thing. Wis'd
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9617
    Ive sold loadsa pedals lately, but i just cannot part with the CB Talisman. Looks ordinary, but sounds fantastic before an amp AND after OD...