Just lucked out on a bass amp, so now the quest for cabs!

paisleysoulpaisleysoul Frets: 60
So, thanks to eBay I just landed myself an Ashdown Little Giant 1000. 2x500 watts at 4 ohms, so a bit of a beasty, if not underpowered from the reviews i've read.

Problem is i've always been a combo guy and my knowledge of bass cabs is worse than my guitar cab knowledge, so I lean to you lot of wise lovelies...what cab do I go for?!

From brief reading and my idiot proof knowledge a 500w cab at 4 ohms would not present any problems, but I keep reading that braving an 8 ohm will punt out about 320w. This flies in the face of my 'its got a 4 ohm minimum' idiot proof knowledge, any ideas?
Some more about me, my music and my record label: https://www.linkedin.com/pub/luke-crook/22/18/537

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Hartke Hydrive 410 is lightweight and punchy. That is what I have. Don't think it extends as deep as some other cabs but I like the voicing for rock stuff (with tweeter off). Not tried many others but I prefer it to the Ashdown 4x10 our old bass player had and the cheaper Hartke cabs I've heard in rehearsal rooms. Spec says it'll handle 1000 watts, not sure I'd be happy putting 1000 watts through one cab even if it says so but maybe I'm just over cautious.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom