Amp shopping

What's Hot
DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3299
Well, my amp has just sold and I'll be doing the swap of amp for cash dahn sahff on the 19th.

In the meantime, feed my GAS please. 

I'm pretty set on a Friedman BE, but would need to finance from a shop, particularly if I want the 4x12 cab too and there doesn't seem to be many for sale used or at least at a price that warrants going used. I also want a small amp for home, PT or DS Mini look like worthy applicants. 

However, is there anything I'm overlooking? I need for the big fella a spanking clean, and a pretty filthy channel too. I need a small footswitch and the amp to not weigh a metric tonne. 
Oh, I also need a good loop, otherwise I'd have never got rid of my SLO Clone a couple of years back.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• BluesyDaveBluesyDave Frets: 414
    Suhr PT100 should fit the bill.
    No Darling....I've had that ages.
  • The new JP? The Suhr doesn't do filthy dirty. Good clean. Do you want a Marshall dirty?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • simonksimonk Frets: 1467
    What about an MJW Orion?
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3299
    Suhr PT100 should fit the bill.

I fancied one of them, but someone I know who had one claimed that the channel made a pop when it changed. Also, I get confused about the loop, apparently Strymons don't play nice in there. Eventide do?
    The new JP? The Suhr doesn't do filthy dirty. Good clean. Do you want a Marshall dirty?

Good call on the JP, on paper it should but I've been really underwhelmed by the demos.
    simonk said:
    What about an MJW Orion?

never tried one, I also quite fancied a Stoneham. I think though, if I'm going hot rodded Marshall I've got itch thhis awful Friedman itch I've had.

Thanks guys, I will look into each one again. However, I think an offer I've just been sent might eliminate my search. 
  • gordijigordiji Frets: 789
    not sold til youve got the cash !
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    edited March 2016
    No, it is defintely sold.
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2751
    If I was looking for an amp now I'd be very interested in an MJW Orion - looks like a very versatile amp or a friedman  HBE  (not sure if you can buy them like that or it needs ordering with the H mod but if the fractal models are accurate I'd want the extra gain).    

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • karltonekarltone Frets: 61
    simonk said:
    What about an MJW Orion?
    IMHO I think you could get more for your money in getting a amp builder like Martin (MJW) or Stoneham etc to build you an amp with what ever sound you wanted. The BE channel is essentially a slightly tweaked jcm800, add a clean channel to your liking voxy, fenderish etc and you have an amp that you always wanted for a lot less £ which could always be tweaked at a later date should your tastes change.
    www.karltone.co.uk    Dealer in Valves and bits and bobs   www.facebook.com/karltonevalves
    gordiji said:
    not sold til youve got the cash !

Ooh dear, are you the guy that's agreed to buy it, arranged the date and sorted the payment?

If so, we need to talk!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Well that was quick. Now sorted with a great deal from this very forum. NAD thread coming on the 19th!
  • What did you get?
  • The Suhr has the best loop. Built in minimix so you can kill dry. I had the latest one. The boost needs to be on to get a half decent drive though.
    What did you get?

A JJ.
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7348
    you will need to take your own bags with you remember...
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>