Smorg - your opinion if you please..........

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• GavRichListGavRichList Frets: 7164
    despite my board having it's own postcode, it's still hardcase all the weigh (sic) for me. Yes, I herniate when I even look at it, but my board cost circa £4-5k. No way i'd entrust that to a bum-bag. Have had too many sheered off controls touring with gig bags or ill fitting cases over the years to even chance it now.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Moe_ZambeekMoe_Zambeek Frets: 3423
    I'm a soft case advocate but yes, for touring where things get chucked around, a hard case is the way. But as mentioned, for probably most buyers, touring isn't the principal activity, taking to rehearsal or the local one off gigs is more likely.
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5517
    Is there a way you could make a hardcase from polycarbonate? It's what safety glasses are made from and it has impact resistance. Then there's 3DO which is used in sportswear for protection. Just ideas!
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    Sporky;997010" said:
    The obvious solution is to make everything - everything - out of kevlar.
    Worst prophylactic ever.
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10339
    despite my board having it's own postcode, it's still hardcase all the weigh (sic) for me. Yes, I herniate when I even look at it, but my board cost circa £4-5k. No way i'd entrust that to a bum-bag. Have had too many sheered off controls touring with gig bags or ill fitting cases over the years to even chance it now.
    im in a similar position. 

I originally bought the softcase with my pedalboard pro but its too flimsy and the protection is woeful.
    It had to be a hardcase for me. Luckily mine has wheels built into it
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6189
    tFB Trader
     Mono cases, your product is very high quality, so it'll be a great match.
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
  • robinbowesrobinbowes Frets: 3044
    The best thing I ever did was to (hard) flight case all my gear. It means I don't have to worry about it in-transit (I don't have a Transit, actually), which means less stress and more enjoyable gigs.

Even original (guitar) cases are not up to the job - I worry about scuffing/damaging them (eg. my latest purchase - a Yamaha SA2200).

I do use a Mono Vertigo for one of my guitars, but only a battered old Jap Tele. I wouldn't transport one of my "valuable" guitars in it, despite their quality.

R.