Any love for the tc electronic Mojo Mojo?

What's Hot
rsvmarkrsvmark Frets: 1384
I saw one of these go for £21 on eBay earlier today. Sadly by the time I got my Arse in gear to look at a few yt vids and google the cost of a new one, it had bloody finished! Wondering if I missed out on a bit of a bargain? Anyone use one and are they any good? Brand new they are £36 so might buy a new one anyway.....
An official Foo liked guitarist since 2024
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6165
    A very nice little low gain, transparent pedal.  Reminds me of my 57' Bandmaster clone cranked. 
    I've picked one up when they were being sold off and it's definitely staying in my pedal collection.
    Punches well above it's weight.
    (pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10339
    I always thought it was a little muddy, definitely not transparent (not that a clipped signal can be transparent) but it worked well with other pedals. 
    Personally I would go for a nobels odr instead which is little more but a much better pedal. 

The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • timbuk02timbuk02 Frets: 273
    I really like it, for a kind of Black Keys sound. Some people comment its a bit muddy, but the bass knob cuts bass when turned counterclockwise from 12 o'clock. It also does great things when boosting my other pedals - something most the demos don't seem to mention, and it does the just pick harder for more dirt thing. Cant believe they go for £36 now… 
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    I had one ages back before the price drop. Nothing special IMO.
  • Sorry for cross posting, but I have one for sale in classifieds. I actually really liked the pedal only used it in an emergency situation. 
  • normula1normula1 Frets: 640
    It's OK as a drive pedal but as @not_the_dj mentioned they're nothing special. I picked one up when they were going cheap alongside a Dark Matter distortion. The DM gets more use set fairly low.
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24623
    It's ok - certainly worth £35, if not perhaps the old RRP when it was more expensive.

I've got one - I don't get it out a lot as I've got a lot of drives, but it does get used.

• joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    edited March 2016
    Paul Gilbert loves the pedal, but I'm not sure if he is paid to love the pedal

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • timmysofttimmysoft Frets: 1962
    I tried one and thought it should be called the no mojo. Very bland and didn't add any spice to the tones
  • johnhejohnhe Frets: 191
    I had one on loan for a weekend, along with a TC Dark Matter. The DM really impressed me, and can sound much more transparent than the MM in my opinion. On the other hand, I'm afraid the Mojo Mojo really disappointed me. I thought it was dark and muddy sounding, and no matter how much I tried, I just couldn't get it to do anything decently well.
  • gubblegubble Frets: 1759

Bought it when they were cheap, wish I'd got the dark matter instead.

It tried to gel with it and just couldn't either at bedroom volume or at gigs. It just sounded cheap and nasty to me. But I know people love them

• I have the dm and mojo. Both presents. I don't use them much..but they sound good to me.

If you want the mojo pm. Sure we can sort a deal

Instagram is Rocknrollismyescape -

FOR SALE - Catalinbread Echorec, Sonic Blue classic player strat and a Digitech bad monkey