NCD: New 2nd Hand RoadKill Cab

derndern Frets: 357
edited March 2016 in Amps
New to me and thanks to @keithf. It's a roadkill cab with a v30 and a classic 80 in it. 

Was using a marshall 8412 that came with a valvestate 8100 head. Really liked that but it was bloody loud and fancied building a kit so built an ampmaker P1800 head. That sounded really good with the marshall but wanted a 2x12 that didn't take up quite so much space and wanted to move the marshall head and cab on. Was enquiring about a zilla cab but they're shite at answering emails and before I had time to call them I saw keithf's roadkill so bought that. It arrived today and had to wait until the office cleared to give it a proper go. What a difference. I do like the marshall and it's amazing value for money but the combination of the P1800 and the roadkill cab is absolutely epic.

Cheers,

Mark
0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• What is your view on the build quality of the cab?

I'm considering ordering an empty 2x12 from somewhere but am not sure from where yet. Seems there are fewer posts about RK than Zilla.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • derndern Frets: 357
    Haven't really had a very close look at it or took the back off but it looks very solid from the outside.
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2382
    very nice :D roadkill cabs are pretty nice, or at least they sound pretty awesome- please don't ask me about the build quality as I barely know which way round to hold a hammer :))
  • CirrusCirrus Frets: 8495
    I had a Roadkill 2x12 (Stag model) which I bought second hand. It was a solid box, nicely built but when I first got it the baffle board turned out to be loose - there was a strange resonance and while pressing various bits of the cab to see where it was with the back panel removed, the whole front fell backwards into the cab! :))

So I screwed it back on tightly and it sounded brilliant. Don't think I can blame Roadkill since I don't know what the previous owner did. One of the few things I kinda regret selling - IIRC I sold it to get an Orange 2x12 and I wasn't a fan of that.