AMT Pangaea - how best to set up? (inc Amps, Jettenuator, multi fx, etc)

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26772
    edited July 2016
    No worries. 44.1kHz/24-bit is pretty much the default for everything these days, so it's almost always the safest bet. I'd offer to take it off your hands, but my Digitech GSP1101 already does cab impulses (in stereo, too), so I wouldn't really have a use for it.

Still, if you're really struggling, you're welcome to send it to me and I'll spend some time to try and figure it out.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • longilongi Frets: 95
    edited July 2016
    Have you tried emailing AMT, theyre very helpful. They bent over backwards to help me out, it's worth a try. They were more than willing to take a look at mine before I updated the software. 
  • DodgeDodge Frets: 1447
    @thecolourbox I'm keeping an eye on this thread, I missed out on this when you bought it. I'm more than happy to test it for you, and if it works I'll buy it from you.
  • I've got two of these for stereo at home and they sound beautiful. I could into pages of detail because there are a lot of variables that you'll need to get right. It took me probably two months to get it right because there isn't much help online.

To start at the top, I've got this setup: guitar -> pedalboard -> clean amps -> amp speaker out to Pangaeas -> Pangaea thru to a Palmer plb2x8 reactive load box. Pangaea line out mode to tascam us 4x4 USB interface to Reaper DAW on my laptop. I apply a bit of short reverb in the DAW to emulate a room or else it sounds like the amp is physically in my head.

Based on your comments I'd try some things:
    - move the G3 to the end of your pedalboard chain.
    - route the amp speaker out direct to the Pangaea input and then using the thru output to a reactive load.
    - on the Pangaea set the attenuator at the max setting and set your amp to your fav settings. Then step down the attenuator while strumming hard until the pangea display doesn't show any bars maxing out.
    - I found that you lose some brightness on the pangea attenuator higher settings so try to keep it at a lower setting if possible.
    - I found that the default cab Sims were OK but probably suited to metal? I using the fender cab sim from AMT's Dropbox page here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/d3zir02avs0aluk/AAAvlF5nTnjJ15x7UdoDkBh7a?dl=0
    -  you'll need to adjust the eq/tone on your amp depending on the cab sim.

So yea, try that for now :)